Need help finding a Brita water filter jug, please?

Found 4th Apr 2009
Hi all.

Anyone remember the Brita jug lots (and lots) of us got free ages ago? I think it was from Amazon in association with The Times newspaper?
Well ours has broken and I want to replace it with the same model or one that takes the same cartridges as I have just bought a 6 pack last month! They have a round bottom.

Can anyone help, please?
Or remember the name of it?
I can't find the same one in Argos, Tesco, Sainsburys or Amazon

17 Comments

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;4829644

you say "we"

T'was maybe even before you joined! (remember how life was back then?) :giggle:

Mrs.Z;4829666

T'was maybe even before you joined! (remember how life was back then?) … T'was maybe even before you joined! (remember how life was back then?) :giggle:

for the smokerS?

Original Poster

strike;4829683

for the smokerS?

:?

Just Give Me The Cartridges It Will Save You Buying Another Jug...

Original Poster

Aah, it's not Brita - it's Aqua Optima, cheapest I can find is £15! :w00t:

Mrs.Z;4829778

Aah, it's not Brita - it's Aqua Optima, cheapest I can find is £15! :w00t:

yeah the ones we got from amzon are aqua Optima

Original Poster

I seem to remember a later promotion that got the 'Jata' model which I can buy on Amazon market place for £6 odd, but it has pretty bad reviews

Was it the blue ones with the electronic timer on? If so I think I have one still left in an amazon box unopened you can have for postage if I can find it!

Original Poster

harlzter;4829860

Was it the blue ones with the electronic timer on? If so I think I have … Was it the blue ones with the electronic timer on? If so I think I have one still left in an amazon box unopened you can have for postage if I can find it!

That would be fab (and much appreciated!) if you have got one!
It wasn't the blue one I got, the blue one was after but it does take the same cartidges

Original Poster

LaoTzu;4829934

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&langId=-1&q=BRITA&pp=20&c_1=1|cat_12108409|Clearance+Kitchen+and+laundry|12745684£7.99

Thanks very much - that one didn't come up for me in the search for some reason.

It doesn't take the same cartridge as mine but at £7.99 I have reserved one at my local to collect on Monday if I haven't found one for my cartridges by then - at least it comes with one already :thumbsup:

starsparkle2311;4830943

passion fruit,mmmmmmmm

what's with all the fruity posts SS?

I've still got mine, unopened. (live in a soft water area lol)

Original Poster

grex9101;4830975

I've still got mine, unopened. (live in a soft water area lol)

How much for postage? :-D

Can't believe how nice the water feels when I get out of London!

Shame because I have two of these sat at home gathering dust so I could let you have one for free - only the postage would be a bit much for a box that large (esp with the Argos one only @ 7.99). I keep buying Brtia carts instead of using these because the jugs are so well designed.

Original Poster

MoneySavingG;4832834

Shame because I have two of these sat at home gathering dust so I could … Shame because I have two of these sat at home gathering dust so I could let you have one for free - only the postage would be a bit much for a box that large (esp with the Argos one only @ 7.99). I keep buying Brtia carts instead of using these because the jugs are so well designed.

I wouldn't mind if the postage is a bit much, because I have 5 brand new cartridges sitting here for it - whereas with the Argos one I am going to have to buy other cartridges

Mrs.Z;4833788

I wouldn't mind if the postage is a bit much, because I have 5 brand new … I wouldn't mind if the postage is a bit much, because I have 5 brand new cartridges sitting here for it - whereas with the Argos one I am going to have to buy other cartridges

Dunno really - can't really tell with royal snail these days what something would cost to post, I'd say it'd be at least a fiver (dimensions/weight). I'll try to dig some scales out and work it out if I can.
Post a comment
@
    Text