Groups
    EXPIRED

Need help finding a new TV!

I use it for watching TV and playing video games, currently have a Panasonic 42" and looking to upgrade to at least 55".

Was thinking about getting the KDL65W955BBU that is currently going for less 1.5k but the reviews turned me off...

Read the Sonys are best for gaming but can anyone recommend at great TV ideally for no more than 1.5k which has 3D as well? Does not need to be 4K really unless it makes 1080p look better as well.

13 Comments

Original Poster

What about the KDL60W855BBU ?

Banned

/votes sony, nothing comes close for gaming now.

Another Sony vote here.

Original Poster

Ok but which 55" and which 60" and which 65"?

Original Poster

I meant "

It's personal preference really. I went from a Sony to a Panasonic and now on an LG, I'll now be sticking with LG's in the future, great sets. But again, everyone is different

KDL55W8 if used for gaming.

Was £799 from John Lewis a few weeks ago, not sure on the price now.
    Edited by: "ChrisUK" 25th Dec 2014

Musician

/votes sony, nothing comes close for gaming now.

How are they for PC gaming? I have a friend who is wanting to move over from PS3 to PC but he is insistent on playing on a TV, despite my protests.

Original Poster

ChrisUK

KFL55W8 if used for gaming.Was £799 from John Lewis a few weeks ago, not … KFL55W8 if used for gaming.Was £799 from John Lewis a few weeks ago, not sure on the price now.

Cheers, I suppose the panel is better than the KDL65W955BBU and the KDL60W855BBU ?

dinealone

Cheers, I suppose the panel is better than the KDL65W955BBU and the … Cheers, I suppose the panel is better than the KDL65W955BBU and the KDL60W855BBU ?

Sorry, updated, auto correct......

Original Poster

But the KDL55W8 is better than the two I mentioned?

Banned

spaceinvader

How are they for PC gaming? I have a friend who is wanting to move over … How are they for PC gaming? I have a friend who is wanting to move over from PS3 to PC but he is insistent on playing on a TV, despite my protests.

Not sure about tv / pc use,

Here is a table for tv's and input lag that may help

hdtvtest.co.uk/new…lag

panny better than pony
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten34
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.816
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047184

See more discussions