Groups
    EXPIRED

Need help finding cheap router to work with my dell laptop

OK so i just treated myself to this configure.euro.dell.com/del…ops

Anyone know a good cheap router?

thanks

6 Comments

supermod

Moved from HUKD Site Feedback forum to Deal Requests, thanks.

I have a Virgin Media or AoL - Both Wireless

sure both will work?

Normally provided by the ISP (Internet Service Provider) nowadays

If not make sure you get the right type

ie a BT Type connection needs ADSL such as this argos.co.uk/sta…htm

a Virgin Media connection need DSL connection such as this argos.co.uk/sta…htm

I have shown Argos products because they are easy to get and return if you buy the wrong one

Note Dont bother going for the N spec routers and your laptop is only a B/G spec WiFi connection

Have Fun

Original Poster

i already ordered this, is this no good? hotukdeals.com/ite…s-2

peterjmay;7823962

i already ordered this, is this no good? … i already ordered this, is this no good? http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/580559/tp-link-n-wireless-router-300mbps-2

This is DSL Router and it looks OK if you are on Virgin, but not if you are on a BT Type connection.

Also even though it is N spec, it will still work without any problems with your PC as it will slow down to suit ie IEEE 802.11g but you wont get 300mbit transmission rate unless you use a N spec Wifi card in your Laptop.

Note dont go out an Buy an extra card for your laptop to be able to go faster, if you are only surfing the internet then G spec Wifi card is fast enough.

Disco;7823155

I have a Virgin Media or AoL - Both Wireless sure both will work?

well, offers there for you, (or anyone needing one) - price can be open to offers? Hope you get sorted
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{33
      2. Walker crisps67
      3. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.812
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767536

See more discussions