Groups
    EXPIRED

Need help finding cheapest train tickets.

Hello all. I need some help finding the best value train tickets.

I need to travel from Templecombe to Wembley stadium on Sunday 10th August return, but the prices I am getting are around £60 at least.

Can anybody help?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

11 Comments

Original Poster

By the way, its for 1 adult and 1 child and I have a 16-25 railcard. Anybody know the best site to use?

red spotted hanky usually comes up trumps for me

a quick check brought up 2 singles being the cheaper option at £51

also might be worth checking mse's tickety split tool a couple days before

Not sure about the routes but my daughter uses National express coaches these days. Much cheaper than trains and I feel safer with her on a coach than a train

Original Poster

Thank you all. Also, does anybody know if a Day Travel Card (for London) includes the Chiltern Railways from Marleybone to Wembley Stadium?

what you can also do once you work out what you want to do and when and how, is go through Quidco/ TopCashBack to sites such as TheTrainLine, so that you can get a little bit back on the price of the tickets

I use the train regularly and for me, the price is the same across all the platforms that I tried.

I usually book via First Transpennine Express website - cashback 1% via TCB/quidco for 'other routes tickets' (better than nothing), plus if you have a nectar card, you get 2 points per £1 spend (and 500 nectar points = £2.50 voucher on eBay/Argos, lots of places).

A £50 ticket would give you 50p cashback and 100 nectar points which is another 50p.

Original Poster

Thank you everybody for your help. I have been hunting for the last few hours (more like since last night!), and managed to get them for £43.80 by splitting the ticket and using SWT's summer sale promotion for half of the journey.

Thanks again!

City or Arsenal?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions