Need help finding laptop

Posted 18th May
Hi, I'm not looking for a gaming laptop but a laptop I can use day to day for things like:
  • Heavy Web Browsing: probably about 10 to 15 tabs open at one time, maybe even 2 browsers open. Including several tabs of Youtube videos, blogs, Google Docs and other online SAAS tools etc.
  • Photoshop & Illustrator: I won't be using these tools regularly
  • Watching Movies: Watching movies and TV shows regularly

What I'm looking for:
  • i7 or AMD Ryzen 7
  • 16gb DDR4 or higher
  • 512 SSD or higher
  • Windows Laptop
  • 3 years guarantee or higher
  • Full HD or 4k
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • Not sure whether it's vital that I have a graphics card
  • No preference on size as it will be mainly used for home and occasionally taken outside.
  • Don't need no fancy features like 2in1, Convertible, touchscreen or a screen on your keyboard

My budget is around £1000 to £1500

My last laptop was an XPS 13 9350 which was amazing until it started just falling apart.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
what have you looked at so far?
tardytortoise18/05/2020 21:40

what have you looked at so far?

So far I'm looking at this: Dell XPS 13 JL but I feel like I can get more bang more my buck elsewhere.

JL have a 3 year guarantee plus I might potentially get 12.5% off.
i7 and 16gb of ram for basically surfing the interent??
Hallsie19/05/2020 08:20

Chrome is RAM heavy to be fair
B_A18/05/2020 21:51

So far I'm looking at this: Dell XPS 13 JL but I feel like I can get more …So far I'm looking at this: Dell XPS 13 JL but I feel like I can get more bang more my buck elsewhere. JL have a 3 year guarantee plus I might potentially get 12.5% off.

I think your choice is excellent. I consider the machine high quality for your needs and should certainly last you a long time.
I like lenovos but cant find one with your 4k screen spec in your budget range only this hd one
laptopsdirect.co.uk/-20…asp
dunno whether JL do anything similar
sm969019/05/2020 08:41

Chrome is RAM heavy to be fair

16gb heavy?? I've got that and I'm running Siemens NX on my machine + doing everything and more they want to and have never had an issue. Just seems a bit OTT to me but I guess it will be future proofed
Hallsie19/05/2020 08:20

I want it to be future proof dont want a laptop that lasts only for a few years
tardytortoise19/05/2020 09:46

I think your choice is excellent. I consider the machine high quality for …I think your choice is excellent. I consider the machine high quality for your needs and should certainly last you a long time. I like lenovos but cant find one with your 4k screen spec in your budget range only this hd onehttps://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/-20q0003vuk/version.aspdunno whether JL do anything similar

Thanks, how does this compare to the one I choose?
Hallsie19/05/2020 13:00

16gb heavy?? I've got that and I'm running Siemens NX on my machine + …16gb heavy?? I've got that and I'm running Siemens NX on my machine + doing everything and more they want to and have never had an issue. Just seems a bit OTT to me but I guess it will be future proofed

I had a Xps 13 i5 8gb 256ssd and it was pretty perfect apart for the odd occasion it would get slow because of too many tabs opened with photoshop etc.

If it didn't die on me I would have stuck to that. Most laptops I've looked are priced similar to how much I paid 4 years ago with similar specs I rather go OTT and get a laptop that lasts a long time
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions