Groups
    EXPIRED

need help finding someplace to live.

just got a new job in east london. I need to find someplace in the next 2 weeks. I've had a run of bad luck in house shares, so ideally a bedsit. Ive tried all the usual suspects, spareroom, zoopla, gumtree, but not much luck. anyone got any ideas?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

21 Comments

Banned

hello which era of london are you in

Banned

area*

Hi my mum cld rent spare room to u till u find permanent address, subject to work references, she lives in stratford the Olympic village

Original Poster

I'm in Dagenham at the moment. I'm ok til end of July. just wanna have someplace sorted by then.

have a look in Newsagents windows, especially in Barking as they regularly have accomodation to rent.

Banned

i have a maisonette on 80 Oxlow Lane

by bedsit, i assume you mean you want to rent a room where the rent includes the bills? but that you would still share the kitchen, bathroom with other housemates?

if so then you just want to rent a room rather than house share. you could try signing on with an estate agent.

what is your budget per month ?

I have a 1 bgff for rent middle of Aug inc most bills, i'm in kings hill kent, ask me for details

Original Poster

I dont want to share kitchen etc. Just want my own space.
    Budget up to £600 a month, if bilks are included. Need to move end of July.

deiseaj058

I dont want to share kitchen etc. Just want my own space. Budget up to … I dont want to share kitchen etc. Just want my own space. Budget up to £600 a month, if bilks are included. Need to move end of July.

in that case, you are not looking for a bedsit. you are looking for a studio flat. your budget for a studio flat may be on the low side even for East London. your best bet is an estate agent if you are not having luck elsewhere.

mutley1

in that case, you are not looking for a bedsit. you are looking for a … in that case, you are not looking for a bedsit. you are looking for a studio flat. your budget for a studio flat may be on the low side even for East London. your best bet is an estate agent if you are not having luck elsewhere.

Mutley - i think he IS looking for a bedsit:

bedsit
    bɛdˈsɪt/Submit
    nounBRITISH
    noun: bed-sit
    a one-roomed unit of accommodation typically consisting of combined bedroom and sitting room with cooking facilities.

patonar

Mutley - i think he IS looking for a … Mutley - i think he IS looking for a bedsit:bedsitbɛdˈsɪt/SubmitnounBRITISHnoun: bed-sita one-roomed unit of accommodation typically consisting of combined bedroom and sitting room with cooking facilities.

whatever the English definition may be for a bed sit. in practice bed sit tend to be used to mean a room but you share kitchen etc.

mutley1

whatever the English definition may be for a bed sit. in practice bed sit … whatever the English definition may be for a bed sit. in practice bed sit tend to be used to mean a room but you share kitchen etc.

Have to say i have never understood it to mean that - maybe in your eyes?

Banned

mutley1

whatever the English definition may be for a bed sit. in practice bed sit … whatever the English definition may be for a bed sit. in practice bed sit tend to be used to mean a room but you share kitchen etc.

you're wrong.

hukdealz

you're wrong.

try calling an estate agent in london and ask if a bed sit and a studio flat are the same. landlords like to call a self contained space in London a studio flat and so a bed sit is then relegated to mean a property that have been rented out as rooms without a living room but the occupants share the kitchen and bathroom, so pretty much a slum really. the word bed sit does not sound good hence landlords use the more fancy name, studio flat.

i should know, i am a landlord in london!

Original Poster

Bedsit is cheaper usually!! Studio is an Americanism.
    I've a few places to view over the next few days, dealing with estate agents is a nightmare!!!
    Thanks for your help guys, I'm still looking if anyone has any more bright ideas
    Also, I'm a she if it makes a difference lol
    Edited by: "deiseaj058" 17th Jul 2014

if your budget is £600 the best you will get for this is prob a single room in cental london with all shared facilities

no where in london will you get a non shared facilites for £600 a month

Original Poster

I've seen a few nice places for £550 - £650, but with having to work, they're usually gone by the time my viewing time comes round
    gunna take a flatshare till I can find something better.
    thanks for all your helps
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC55
      2. debenhams lancome order11
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1015
      4. BT deal56

See more discussions