Need help from someone computer savvy.

Found 17th May 2009
Basically my comptuer got wiped and all my files got 'deleted'

although i was randomly doing a virus scan, and a file(psp game) that was on my system before showed as being scanned.

The scanner does not let me see the full location.
I have tried searching for it but it doesn't come up.

Any ideas on how i can access it?

thanks

10 Comments

A google search for some freeware to recover deleted files should do the trick

recuva.com/ seems like it may do the job

are you using windows vista? if you didnt install windows again.. i can get u a app to recover the data like a system recovery..

Are you using Avast?

[COLOR="Red"]'Basically my comptuer got wiped and all my files got 'deleted''[/COLOR]

If this is actually true (which I doubt) it won't even boot will it?

If it's not true, I suggest getting a friend who knows around to help you. Long distance help and advice from all and sundry will only serve to confuse you even more than you already are.

Where are you located? I'm sure someone here would do a re-install for you if it is actually beyond recovery (I'm in Manchester).

Original Poster

clondikemike;5241207

Are you using Avast?

yes

Original Poster

deek72;5241350

[COLOR="Red"]'Basically my comptuer got wiped and all my files got … [COLOR="Red"]'Basically my comptuer got wiped and all my files got 'deleted''[/COLOR]If this is actually true (which I doubt) it won't even boot will it?If it's not true, I suggest getting a friend who knows around to help you. Long distance help and advice from all and sundry will only serve to confuse you even more than you already are.Where are you located? I'm sure someone here would do a re-install for you if it is actually beyond recovery (I'm in Manchester).

Basically my computer messed up, and i had to reinstall everything. I selected the option to keep original files, but it only saved a few folder. My documents etc.

I know they are still there because my hard drive space, is still the same

Couple of things to optimize your conection, first download tcp optimizer

speedguide.net/dow…php

Great app

Original Poster

clondikemike;5242103

Couple of things to optimize your conection, first download tcp optimizer … Couple of things to optimize your conection, first download tcp optimizer http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.phpGreat app

wrong thread ?

h_360;5242123

wrong thread ?

Sorry mate, should have posted as you said in another thread, woods from the trees:)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git22
    2. word association Game74244940
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428914684
    4. Add one, leave one game54415486

See more discussions