Need help from the ladies with a camera phone

Found 24th Oct 2017Edited by:"Gentle_Giant"
My darling nearly 5 y/o daughter has decorated her old phone - with pink glitter nail varnish.

In general, she has done a good job, but unfortunately, she covered the camera lens as well.

Any ladies here with experience of getting vail varnish off of their camera lens without wrecking it?? Or does the varnish itself damage the plastic lens??

ANY help appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I would just use nail polish remover.
As long as it is wiped off quickly and residue removed then the lens itself should be fine.
As above poster said, but may need some grafting if the paint has dried. The lens is just glass so should be fine. If it is broke then at least she has a colourful phone
mutley11 m ago

As above poster said, but may need some grafting if the paint has dried. …As above poster said, but may need some grafting if the paint has dried. The lens is just glass so should be fine. If it is broke then at least she has a colourful phone

Or rose-tinted photographs and videos
You wonder why a 5 year old has a phone.....let alone a newer one
Sambat8 m ago

You wonder why a 5 year old has a phone.....let alone a newer one

The phone isnt THAT new, a Xiaomi Note 1 (3G). With no SIM in it, it will last a couple of days for watching videos or playing games. it is the ideal size for long car journeys, or boring adult occasions.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions; my first attempt was olive oil, as it gets a surprisingly large amount of products off; but sadly not nail varnish - at least not off of a none porous surface.

I didnt want to try pure nail varnish, as I have heard it damages the lens coating; but in the end I went for a sort of compromise.

"Quickies" nail varnish remover pads; they do contain some of the nasty stuff, but only a bit; and a 30 second light scrub got all the varnish off.

The pictures produced dont seem too bad, only at really close ranges does any lens damage show up, as a light speckling to the picture that wasnt there before.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants