Groups
    EXPIRED

need help from TV EXPERTS

Hi. Really need a help from TV experts.
    Have sumsung tv with freeview and have being using it with HUMAX with no problem.

BUT 3 weeks ago we have moved to another county (from Dorset to Hampshire).
    And the signal is really bad!!!!! scrambled - slightly better without Humax.
    the only channels that we can watch are BBC.

What shall I do? buy booster ? change cables?
    any suggestions will help.

Thank you

6 Comments

DId you actualy retune the channels?
    Dont expect the channels to not need retuning, if you moved house you need to retune them
    got an outside areial connected?

You will have to perfore a first time install on both TV & Humax box, also make sure your outside aerial is pointing in the right direction, ie look at your neighbours house.

is there a built in signal meter on your Humax unit

I have no freeview signal to speak of and no cable, so it's Sky+ or nothing!

Original Poster

karenhornby;8760775

DId you actualy retune the channels?Dont expect the channels to not need … DId you actualy retune the channels?Dont expect the channels to not need retuning, if you moved house you need to retune themgot an outside areial connected?

yes we have retuned channels with and without humax but with no difference.
    the good thing when the signal is` scrammbled and I recorded the programm, I could watch this programme in perfect picture.

outside areial is connected.

Original Poster

pacman0001;8760791

You will have to perfore a first time install on both TV & Humax box, … You will have to perfore a first time install on both TV & Humax box, also make sure your outside aerial is pointing in the right direction, ie look at your neighbours house.is there a built in signal meter on your Humax unit

not sure what PERFORE is.....:oops:
    i will check the outside aerial - thanks, could be the problem.

I hope I have built in signal meter on my Humax - but have no idea. It's PVR-9150T

Original Poster

m00bs;8760974

I have no freeview signal to speak of and no cable, so it's Sky+ or … I have no freeview signal to speak of and no cable, so it's Sky+ or nothing!

lucky you are!!!! I have tried to save money - thought it is good idea to buy Humax - and watch your favourite programmes with no extra cost.
    And it was GREAT till now :-(
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Laser eye surgery44
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2546
      3. Fitbit watch/band33
      4. Which Pond Pump57

See more discussions