Groups

need help installing avg

hi just trying to download this for my sis on her computer but it says some files on windows xp professional cd rom are needed please insert disc but she hasnt got the cd i have installed avg on mine and my mums laptops and didnt have any problems any ideas what i can do? or another free cover cheers

4 Comments

You could get Avast free version instead, that might work.

the only other way is to make a note of the missing files and try to download them, or get hold of a windows cd.

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4674064

You could get Avast free version instead, that might work.the only other … You could get Avast free version instead, that might work.the only other way is to make a note of the missing files and try to download them, or get hold of a windows cd.

cheers is it easy to install?

Could be a service pack issue. If it's an illegal copy of windows the automatic updates selection may be turned off. I don't think the latest version 8 will install with anything less than sp 2

Original Poster

its ok guys cheers have downloaded it now all sorted thank you for time rep left
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251373
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2543
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?69
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow921

See more discussions