NEED HELP, IRON MARKS ON VELVET DRESS

Found 10th Jan 2012
Thanks in advance

I brought a really nice velvet dress and by accident I ironed the whole dress on the front and now it has iron marks all over, any advice on how to get these out.
Community Updates
15 Comments
Rip it, take it back saying you never noticed till you detagged it, then exchange it - dont mention the iron marks and just concentrate their attention on the rip!!
deviouspaul

Rip it, take it back saying you never noticed till you detagged it, then … Rip it, take it back saying you never noticed till you detagged it, then exchange it - dont mention the iron marks and just concentrate their attention on the rip!!

Would anyone really do this ?
No one is silly enough to take an dress back for a refund with iron marks.

REPAIRING IRON MARKS & NEEDLE MARKS: Velvet pile that is almost totally flattened by an iron is not repairable. Moderate to minor marks can be minimized with a few steps and the help of a second person. Lay the damaged area over your velvaboard or towel, but this time with the velvet pile facing up. Release steam about one inch above the damaged area and have a friend on standby with a soft toothbrush to very quickly move in and brush the still damp/warm pile back and forth to raise the pile. This may have to be repeated several times. A hairbrush with soft bristles also will work. You may notice that brushing in the opposite direction of the flattened pile works best. Final point, machine washing and drying the garment using directions above also will help lift some of flattened pile.
whatsThePoint

who hasn't?

me.....i don't even have a velvet dress
whatsThePoint

who hasn't?

Anyone who is honest
whatsThePoint

no one is 100% honest

Yes you are right, just some people are more honest than others

I wouldn't do that!

deviouspaul

Rip it, take it back saying you never noticed till you detagged it, then … Rip it, take it back saying you never noticed till you detagged it, then exchange it - dont mention the iron marks and just concentrate their attention on the rip!!

Rubbing against the grain of the fabric should do i think.

How serious is the damage OP, we need pics.

P.S. Velvet dress hhmm... i really need to see pics anyway

whatsThePoint

you can borrow mine, oh wait, its not what it looks

Sorry if it offends, but you've really been posting like a guy you know

No thanks hun, not keen on velvet
jeany123

Would anyone really do this ?

Would anyone really iron a velvet dress!?

Honest answer - bin it - replace it - dont do it again!!!
i once ironed a lot of pokemon cards, got to a shiney poliwrath... thought it would iron the same, but it ironed all the shiny off

(i was a child)
deviouspaul

deviouspaul

Honest answer - bin it - replace it - dont do it again!!!

I think his username says it all.

Don't start trying to backtrack now...

Curious to know how you ironed the whole of the front of the dress by "accident".
deek72

I think his username says it all. Don't start trying to backtrack now...

Yeah, because the opinions of an internet user that I dont and probably wont ever know has SUCH a bearing on my life that I feel the need to cover my tracks!! Your useful input/trolling on this thread has been invaluable - thanks for visiting
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions