NEED HELP ON WHICH CAMERA TO CHOOSE

4 replies
Found 11th Jul 2009
Need to get a camera for under £100 by this Sunday afternoon.

I've narrowed my choice down to four cameras, but I'm stuck as to which one to choose.

Currys:

Kodak M340 £89.99 (save £150)

currys.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfjadehkemefedcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&sku=622251

Fujifilm J25 £99.99

currys.co.uk/mar…jsp[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccfjadehkemefedcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&sku=309432

Comet:

KODAK V1273BLK £99.99 (save £100)

comet.co.uk/sho…BLK

FUJIFILM FINEPIX J120B £89.99 (save £10)

comet.co.uk/sho…0B/

Any help would be really appriciated.

4 Comments

Having had a VERY quick look at the specs, and read a couple of reviews.....

I would go for the last one, the FUJIFILM FINEPIX J120B.

This has a 5x optical zoom, the other three have 3x optical zooms (ignore digital zoom).

I have NOT looked at picture quality (one may have a lot better lens than the others which is VERY important).

But if I had to make a quick choice then it is the FinePix J120B

If you look at the Fuji web site, they put the J120B higher up the list than the J25 (see the list on the left, based on best or newest at the top)

fujifilm.co.uk/con…asy

Original Poster

guilbert53;5723926

Having had a VERY quick look at the specs, and read a couple of … Having had a VERY quick look at the specs, and read a couple of reviews.....I would go for the last one, the FUJIFILM FINEPIX J120B.This has a 5x optical zoom, the other three have 3x optical zooms (ignore digital zoom). I have NOT looked at picture quality (one may have a lot better lens than the others which is VERY important).But if I had to make a quick choice then it is the FinePix J120BIf you look at the Fuji web site, they put the J120B higher up the list than the J25 (see the list on the left, based on best or newest at the top)http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/fun-and-easy.

Same one I'm leaning towards.

How do you know which lens is best though?

Joshua Klein;5724328

How do you know which lens is best though?

Reading reviews, seeing test shots etc.

Unless you are really into photography, or plan to blow up your pictures into large prints, then you probably wont notice much difference.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.1017
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769487
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3386
    4. Wow apple you really are bad1521

See more discussions