Groups
    EXPIRED

Need help please with sky cancellation

Hi, I've just phoned up sky to cancel because i can't afford it and the lady i spoke to said that i couldn't cancel because i was in a 12 month contract with them. I told her that i bought the sky+ box 2nd hand and installed it myself so how can i be in a 12 month contract, she said that because i subscribed to the recording featues it tied me into a 12 month contract. I argued with her that i was never told i would be tied into a contract and that i never signed anything or agreed anything over the phone so how can i be tied in. I spoke to a manager and she told me that i would have to write a letter to them because i couldn't cancel over the phone. They did tell me the address to send it to but i was so wound up and couldn't find a pen that i didn't write it down. If anyone has got the address and can help me with the wording of the letter i would be really greatful. Thanks for any help.

13 Comments

Banned

hi there,

unfortunately i cannot help with the address but have found the same thing when trying to cancel sky. They send you all sorts through the post and offer you a discount if you stay with them. The answer was still no. They put on repeats all the time and there isn't anything actually worth watching.

hope you have some luck cancelling them

Original Poster

gooddeals9;5862109

hi there,unfortunately i cannot help with the address but have found the … hi there,unfortunately i cannot help with the address but have found the same thing when trying to cancel sky. They send you all sorts through the post and offer you a discount if you stay with them. The answer was still no. They put on repeats all the time and there isn't anything actually worth watching.hope you have some luck cancelling them

I know what you mean about repeats. I did threaten to cancel my direct debit but she didn't seem to care. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Banned

common knowledge that you enter into a new agreement when taking any new services

same as when you upgrade your mobile - you automatically enter into a new contract

looks like your fingers have been burned - you will know next time eh!

Original Poster

dimebars;5862160

common knowledge that you enter into a new agreement when taking any new … common knowledge that you enter into a new agreement when taking any new servicessame as when you upgrade your mobile - you automatically enter into a new contractlooks like your fingers have been burned - you will know next time eh!

Not really. I thought it would be like upgrading packages your not tied into a contract if you do that.

Sky Subscribers Services Limited Customer Relations Department, PO Box 99, Livingston, West Lothian EH54 7PR;

;-)

Original Poster

Inactive;5862187

Sky Subscribers Services Limited Customer Relations Department, PO Box … Sky Subscribers Services Limited Customer Relations Department, PO Box 99, Livingston, West Lothian EH54 7PR;;-)

Thank you thats great. Have some rep :thumbsup:

Hope you get it sorted, do not be tempted to cancel the direct debit.

Original Poster

jtx;5862194

Hope you get it sorted, do not be tempted to cancel the direct debit.

Thanks :thumbsup: i was tempted to cancel at the time but i've calmed down now :-D

the telephone number - is 08000468840

You'll probably have to buy yourself out of the remainder of the contract. Do you get all sky channels or do you get just the freeview with sky+ facilities?

mackenzie;5862191

Thank you thats great. Have some rep :thumbsup:

Thanks, I have returned your kindness.( given rep ).:thumbsup:

I'm currently disputing a contract with BT- they charged me over £80, I'd asked for the basic line rental and not to be entered into a contract and the call centre woman said I wasn't in a contract, then low and behold I went with talktalk and they bunged the cancellation fee!! Anyway, I've got to get in touch with CAB and send them an incomings/outgoings form to show that I can't afford to pay for the fee. I don't know if they'll accept it, but I'm not paying £80 when their call centre obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

Original Poster

octobergirl;5862257

the telephone number - is 08000468840

Thank you :thumbsup:

The2020;5862441

You'll probably have to buy yourself out of the remainder of the … You'll probably have to buy yourself out of the remainder of the contract. Do you get all sky channels or do you get just the freeview with sky+ facilities?

I haven't got all the channels but i did have a few packages that cost £19.50 a month.

Inactive;5862582

Thanks, I have returned your kindness.( given rep ).:thumbsup:

Thank you :thumbsup:

midjet666;5862882

I'm currently disputing a contract with BT- they charged me over £80, I'd … I'm currently disputing a contract with BT- they charged me over £80, I'd asked for the basic line rental and not to be entered into a contract and the call centre woman said I wasn't in a contract, then low and behold I went with talktalk and they bunged the cancellation fee!! Anyway, I've got to get in touch with CAB and send them an incomings/outgoings form to show that I can't afford to pay for the fee. I don't know if they'll accept it, but I'm not paying £80 when their call centre obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

Thats how i feel, why should i continue to pay them when they clearly haven't done there job by telling me i would be in a contract.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheer me up please?48
      2. BT existing customers can be new customers again day after contract ends..2141
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563825
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691429

See more discussions