Groups
    EXPIRED

Need help please....How to install xbmc on chipped xbox

As above.

Easy step by step instructions would be great

Also how would i install a hard drive and what size is the stock hard drive. Thanks for any help.

13 Comments

i can show you how to softmod the xbox if thats what ya mean
    [url]www.console-modder.co.uk[/url], follow navigation to xbox

Original Poster

Thanks for your reply.....It's already modded i just wanted to know how to install the media centre software....Is the procedure different on a chipped console. Thanks

the xbox has an 8GB hd btw, but can take any 3.5" ide hd ....... i have a 40gB in mine.........

to find out how to do that is [url]www.console-modder.co.uk/others.html[/url] :thumbsup:

i have no idea about chipped one's, rediron would know, no idea if he online .......... a google search will give you an answer

i have a page showing how to install xmbc if you wanna try it but not sure if it works same way for chipped

Original Poster

Thats great...thanks for all your help. I just need to buy and ethernet cable and i'll be good to go. Rep left

On a chipped original Xbox XMBC installs from a bootable DVD ....you just need a copy of the XBMC image and follow the onscreen install instructions ! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Do you know where i can get the bootable image from. This would be so much easier. Thanks for your help

mackenzie;2960252

Do you know where i can get the bootable image from. This would be so … Do you know where i can get the bootable image from. This would be so much easier. Thanks for your help

Check ur PM's ! :thumbsup:

mackenzie;2960252

Do you know where i can get the bootable image from. This would be so … Do you know where i can get the bootable image from. This would be so much easier. Thanks for your help

You would need the ethernet cable anyway as the best part of xbmc is streaming music and video form your pc

Make sure you get a crossover cable if you are connecting direct to the xbox or just the standard ethernet cable if you are going through a router

You can install it using an ISO like said above but as you need the ethernet cable anyway really your best of doing it that way

Google AIDeluxe for the ISO

Original Poster

Thank you rediron....rep left

mackenzie;2960999

Thank you rediron....rep left

No problems just noticed my spelling it's rubbish, i'm going to go and correct it now lol

Is the dashboard on the xbox the standard MS one, or some other homebrew? If it's homebrew you could just copy over a recent XBMC build to the E:\APPS dir using FTP.

Original Poster

Hi, I think it's homebrew cuz i can change it to different themes. Thanks for your help. Rep left

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
    4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions