Need help regarding dual booting.

Basically i wana dual boot another operating software along with my windows 7, how do i install the other o/s without deleting the current one?

11 Comments

you get the option when you kick off the second install

disk partition, there are plenty video on youtube shows you how to do it properly

BACK UP ALL OF YOUR DATA FIRST OF ALL

Original Poster

mosskeeto;4880773

you get the option when you kick off the second install

Nope no options comes up. Shall i create a partition.

Original Poster

joew360;4880815

disk partition, there are plenty video on youtube shows you how to do it … disk partition, there are plenty video on youtube shows you how to do it properlyBACK UP ALL OF YOUR DATA FIRST OF ALL

oh ok

MarzBarz;4880829

Nope no options comes up. Shall i create a partition.

Which OS you want to install along with windows 7?

Original Poster

joew360;4880848

Which OS you want to install along with windows 7?

Leopard.

use a seperate hdd and disconnect the main one, guaranteed not to feck up lol

you have 3 choices .......
1... make a parttion on your current hd .... (lots of free tools available for this)
2... install a new hd & install on that
3.... install on a usb external hd ........ will be slow but can be done (tinyxp etc and maybe windows 7)

the best option would be to install a new hd and run from that but not everyone has space or the mobo specs to do this ...... next option is the partition ...... then when you boot up the pc, you will be asked which partition you want to load

you say your using a mac ? get bootcamp and run windows along side mac .... lots of people do this with mac and xp ....... so have a little google on this

Banned

This is actually a really easy process......
1. Download partition magic....by however means you like
2. Create a partition that is > 40gb
3. Reboot the system, insert the operating system disc and choose to install the operating system in the newly created space.

It really is that easy

dealextreme88;4882712

This is actually a really easy process......1. Download partition … This is actually a really easy process......1. Download partition magic....by however means you like2. Create a partition that is > 40gb3. Reboot the system, insert the operating system disc and choose to install the operating system in the newly created space. It really is that easy

but the major problem people need to be aware of .... they lose everything if the Hd fails ....

thats why its probably better to have it on another HD as then they have a backup system if needed

i would personally go for the 2 hd route but this always depends on your power supply connections and the motherboard specification

Original Poster

I'm using a laptop. It's current on windows 7 , I've created a partition so will install it tomorrow
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions