Groups

Need help setting up TV/Receiver

So I've got a Samsung UE55KS8000 TV, a Denon AVR-X2300W receiver and a UBD-K8500 blu-ray player and I'm having difficulty setting them all up. I've calibrated my speakers through the receiver and added my satellite box as an input source on the receiver and I can see the video but the sound is coming from the TV not the speakers. Any ideas what I need to do?

3 Comments

On my Tv I have to go to settings,sound, output and then change it from Tv to home theatre . I have a pioneer Tv and Yamaha amp but it's probably the same
    Edited by: "danielshirvell" 6th Jan

My Pioneer receiver has a Passthrough function that passes the sound through the amp to the TV (which I use for headphones as it then saves having to keep plugging the headphone jack in and out of the receiver). Perhaps you've got something similar active in the Denon?

EDIT: I suspect the answer may lie somewhere on this page, although there are a number of possibilities:
    manuals.denon.com/AVR…php

Edited by: "IndianaBlues" 6th Jan

Original Poster

IndianaBlues

My Pioneer receiver has a Passthrough function that passes the sound … My Pioneer receiver has a Passthrough function that passes the sound through the amp to the TV (which I use for headphones as it then saves having to keep plugging the headphone jack in and out of the receiver). Perhaps you've got something similar active in the Denon?EDIT: I suspect the answer may lie somewhere on this page, although there are a number of possibilities:http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2300W/NA/EN/GFNFSYkabkahie.php

Yeah that's it thanks!:) Just had to configure the HDMI Control and Pass through settings, got it all working now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....34
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886408
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553789
      4. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)55

See more discussions