Groups

Need help to choose a LAPTOP thx

Hi. Looking to buy a laptop.
    Whats the best brand to go with?
    FUJITSU SIEMENS - i think they good and very affordable, whats your opinion ???
    Acer any good ??? Dell ???

Dont need to be wery high spec, some thing with 1gb memory, 100gb hard drive, etc
    I Have Sony my self, payed louds for it, just because im a brand fanatic
    this one is for a friend of mine BD
    Any good deals around plz post them
    THX

20 Comments

Original Poster

found this
    comet.co.uk/sho…7-1
    what u think ??? thx

The Fugitsu Siemens ones have very poor battery life.

I would say no, because they use the magic word Celeron which i s a cut down version on Intel's pentium class CPU.

£4 more and you get a Core 2 Duo with about the same spec: laptopshop.co.uk/fuj…htm

It is refurbished, but still has 12 months warranty

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3184475

The Fugitsu Siemens ones have very poor battery life.

Are they ???
    not bothered abouth that
    as loong as it works fast and will work for years

Original Poster

dmccabe;3184483

I would say no, because they use the magic word Celeron which i s a cut … I would say no, because they use the magic word Celeron which i s a cut down version on Intel's pentium class CPU.£4 more and you get a Core 2 Duo with about the same spec: http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/fujitsu_siemens-amilo_pi_2515_rf2834-refurbished_laptop-1-rf2.htmIt is refurbished, but still has 12 months warranty

is celeron not good then ???
    how about AMD ???
    thx for link

Original Poster

acer is very cheap are they good ??????

Jeffry24;3184526

acer is very cheap are they good ??????

If you dont move the laptop they are good. When you move them they break.

I have had 2 Fujitsu Siemens and both broke before the year guarantee was up!

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;3184539

If you dont move the laptop they are good. When you move them they break.

my brother had Fuji siemens for abouth 4 years now no problem ???

Original Poster

forgot to say budget is abouth 300-350£
    thx

Original Poster

so fijitsu siemenns is no good then ???
    whats the alternative ???
    Acer ?

Fujitsu I have had no problems with.

Acer - Terrible service and tech support and generally sub-standard parts.

HP - by far the best brand laptops.

Whats wrong with the one in the link I gave you, you wont beat those specs for the money.

Original Poster

dmccabe;3184652

Fujitsu I have had no problems with.Acer - Terrible service and tech … Fujitsu I have had no problems with.Acer - Terrible service and tech support and generally sub-standard parts.HP - by far the best brand laptops.Whats wrong with the one in the link I gave you, you wont beat those specs for the money.

nothing wrong with it
    just checked specs nice
    will def consider
    u used this site before ??? thx

Yup have used them many times, the only thing is the good spec refurbished laptops go quickly.

Banned

I have this acer. You wont beat it on value for spec. Very happy with it and build quality seems fine.

hotukdeals.com/ite…589

I've had Acer for 3 years and not one complaint.

You should really go for Dual Core 2 if possible. Comet are selling a ]SIEMENS 3gb RAM, and iirc 160gb HD for 340 with Intel C2D

I'm sure you can get 5% of that as well, theres bout to be codes on here somewhere

Original Poster

dmccabe;3184891

Yup have used them many times, the only thing is the good spec … Yup have used them many times, the only thing is the good spec refurbished laptops go quickly.

thx m8
    will leave u some rep

Original Poster

Disco;3184951

I've had Acer for 3 years and not one complaint. You should really go … I've had Acer for 3 years and not one complaint. You should really go for Dual Core 2 if possible. Comet are selling a ]SIEMENS 3gb RAM, and iirc 160gb HD for 340 with Intel C2DI'm sure you can get 5% of that as well, theres bout to be codes on here somewhere

link dont work ???
    i will check maybe will find good acer thx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846285
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1739
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764502
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2227

See more discussions