need help upgrading hard drive

6 replies
Found 20th Apr 2009
i have a laptop toshiba which specs are on following link.

uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/inn…389

i want to install more harddisk with atleast 160GB. i'm not sure whether it will support or not...how much it can support?? do all laptop use 2.5" HD??

also please tell me cheap website to get it from....
Many Thanks

6 Comments

Link doesn't work. What's the model name/number please? ....strange works now!

Model: Equium A110-252
Part Number : PSAB2E-007006AV

Looks like it uses a SATA drive. You should have no problem with a hard drive of 160/320/500GB.

Well you might have trouble with a 400/500GB HDD as some of them are thicker than normal.

You will have to replace the hard drive and reinstall your OS and applications, laptops very rarely have spare drive slots.

Original Poster

yes i know that i have to reinstall all the OS and all softwares again....
and yes this is the right model number...
so can i go for 160gb?
will it be 2.5"????
and tell me any cheap website to get it from..
many thanx

EndlessWaves;4983732

Well you might have trouble with a 400/500GB HDD as some of them are … Well you might have trouble with a 400/500GB HDD as some of them are thicker than normal.

Hadn't noticed that.

Western Digital 5400rpm, 8MB cache, 3year warranty. ]160GB, ]320GB (best value), ]400GB & ]500GB

You will have to replace the hard drive and reinstall your OS and … You will have to replace the hard drive and reinstall your OS and applications, laptops very rarely have spare drive slots.

Easiest way to move the data is to install the old drive into a £5-6 USB enclosure and then use a tool such as ]Partimage / ]Ultimate Boot CD to clone it to the new internal drive - this way you don't have to backup/reinstall Windows.

SUMMONER;4983953

Hadn't noticed that.Western Digital 5400rpm, 8MB cache, 3year warranty. … Hadn't noticed that.Western Digital 5400rpm, 8MB cache, 3year warranty. ]160GB, ]320GB (best value), ]400GB & ]500GB

Those are all 9.5mm thick, but ]this one for example is 12.5mm.

Original Poster

OK..i'll check the prices...but i am not suure where does the HD located on the back of my laptop can u explain with pictures? and also how to clone...step by step please

thanx alot
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4074
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions