Groups

Need Help Urgently

Need to find a pair of decent sparring gloves for 8pm tomorrow. Want them to be really good as i am hoping to keep them for a while. Needed for MMA so, BG1, any ideas?

13 Comments

sprots world sell lonsdale ones, their rrp is about £45 theyre selling for about £8 or there abouts

do you need mma gloves or boxing?

id suggest buying 12oz if mma or 16oz if boxing.

when buying MMA gloves, go for quality brands like, Windy,Fairtex, Caged steel, Sandee.

dont go for the average brands like Rouge, they dont last as long and are poor quality.

Not many shops that sell alot of mma gloves so it might be difficult, best to order online mate, and for the next few days just grapple without striking

Original Poster

cheers, might have a look

btw is sports world the same as sports and ski?

Original Poster

black gerbil1;4784123

do you need mma gloves or boxing?

well i need sparring gloves for training but not competition so i guess boxing

if its boxing then 16oz are best, try to buy real leather over pu

PU:
    http://www.boxfituk.com/images/uploads/BBE060-061-062--SPAR-GLOVE.gif

Leather
    http://www.worldofcombat.net/mmaShop/images/1292_1_large.jpg

good pair usually cost anywhere between £25-40.

if its your first lesson, dont worry about it, im sure someone will have some spare gloves to borrow you.

Original Poster

not my first lesson, been goin for a while and have been using crappy gloves. wanted to find a decent pair and will take your advice and buy 16oz leather ones. still have no idea where to get these though

Scream;4784235

not my first lesson, been goin for a while and have been using crappy … not my first lesson, been goin for a while and have been using crappy gloves. wanted to find a decent pair and will take your advice and buy 16oz leather ones. still have no idea where to get these though

I find on-line the best place, there's very few places in the uk that sell good quality boxing/mma gear.

if you have a local JJB near by try that, but unless you live in a major city its hard to find a decent place.

sorry i meant sports direct... i think the stores are called sports world - or used to be... heres the link to the boxing products sportsdirect.com/Pro…spx

Scream;4784130

cheers, might have a lookbtw is sports world the same as sports and ski?

Yeah it is.

If you have a 'The Real Sports' near you that will probably be your best bet of finding the gloves.

Original Poster

thanks everyone

will be popping down to all of the above mentioned tomorrow

happy shopping

Original Poster

carol123;4784525

happy shopping

merci beaucoup mon ami:thumbsup:

Scream;4784584

merci beaucoup mon ami:thumbsup:

tres bien
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764171
      2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2955
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891819
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24112

See more discussions