Groups

NEED HELP URGENTLY COMPUTER VIRUS

I have a system tools 2011 virus infecting my other computer does anyone know of a free way of getting rid of it please,

55 Comments

Download SuperAntiSpyware and run a full scan, see if that gets rid.

Failing that google the virus name and there should be guides to remove stuff like this.

EDIT: Look for the free version, you should not have to pay for it. Malwarebytes can also remove stuff like this but for me its not been doing it job but SAS has.
    Edited by: "Retro89" 6th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Retro89

Download SuperAntiSpyware and run a full scan, see if that gets rid. … Download SuperAntiSpyware and run a full scan, see if that gets rid. Failing that google the virus name and there should be guides to remove stuff like this.

i have googled and you have to buy their product

presumably your antivirus software not deleting it....

so long as you know name/destination of the virus, it can be manually deleted by putting your pc in safe mode

Original Poster

sedd33

presumably your antivirus software not deleting it....so long as you know … presumably your antivirus software not deleting it....so long as you know name/destination of the virus, it can be manually deleted by putting your pc in safe mode

how do you put it into safe mode i have tried hitting f8 repeatedly and there is no safe mode option

Give this a try: Hitman Pro

crash your system i.e dont press shutdown instead switch it off the mains

when you switch it back on it on there will be a menu option for safe mode

A good anti virus is Comodo. It's FREE and is widely known as one of the best out there.

what problems is this virus giving you? is it blocking internet connection?

sedd33

crash your system i.e dont press shutdown instead switch it off the … crash your system i.e dont press shutdown instead switch it off the mainswhen you switch it back on it on there will be a menu option for safe mode

Seriously? You are going to recommend basically cutting power to a running PC to get into safe mode? Do you realise that doing that can corrupt the whole OS install and basically leave the poster in an even worse situation?

I had this with mse2 and only malwarebtyes got rid of it,go to safe mode f8 with networking and make sure you get the lastest updates for malwarebtyes, got rid,happy.

PhearFactor

Seriously? You are going to recommend basically cutting power to a … Seriously? You are going to recommend basically cutting power to a running PC to get into safe mode? Do you realise that doing that can corrupt the whole OS install and basically leave the poster in an even worse situation?

lol, dont be a wuss

once in a while crashing your pc maybe healthy- it re-vitalises the os

Original Poster

sedd33

what problems is this virus giving you? is it blocking internet … what problems is this virus giving you? is it blocking internet connection?

yes

I had this not too long ago, google "getting rid of system tools" theres loads of site that will tell you what to do

Original Poster

sedd33

crash your system i.e dont press shutdown instead switch it off the … crash your system i.e dont press shutdown instead switch it off the mainswhen you switch it back on it on there will be a menu option for safe mode

i did that with command promps now it says windows/system32 and it wants me to input something

people, people no point throwing out random av names if current virus is stopping the op from installing software or even connecting to the net
    Edited by: "sedd33" 6th Feb 2011

no not with command prompt

safe mode only

reboot it and try again

Click on windows then type in the search box msconfig and press enter
    then click on the boot tab
    then select safe mode and and network andclick apply,
    Then download and run malwarebytes,
    Edited by: "tonyg1962" 6th Feb 2011

ok this is what i did, right click on the desktop shortcut for system tools, then select "open file location" or similar, this will open the folder in which the program is installed, then delete everything in this folder. Restart PC and it should have got rid of it, leaving you able to connect to the internet. Then download malwarebytes and do a quick scan, quaranteen anything that it comes up with and you should be ok. I would recommend googling as I said above once you have internet access in case there is anything I have missed

Banned

sedd33

people, people no point throwing out random av names if current is … people, people no point throwing out random av names if current is stopping the op from installing software or even connecting to the net

The OP obviously can connect to the net.
    I posted the solution in the second post.
    They just need to find out how to get into safe mode now.
    Googling the type and model of PC & safe mode should find that out for them.

greatest666

The OP obviously can connect to the net.I posted the solution in the … The OP obviously can connect to the net.I posted the solution in the second post.They just need to find out how to get into safe mode now.Googling the type and model of PC & safe mode should find that out for them.

They may not be able to connect to the net using the infected PC meaning they cant download malwarebytes, this is the problem I had, so I used the method in my previous post

Original Poster

after doing safe mode computer is now in basic windows how would i get it back to normal again

have you deleted the virus?

press restart as normal and should be back to normal windows

just restart it

Same as before but in msconfig select the general tab then check normal startup,

kiraangel

after doing safe mode computer is now in basic windows how would i get it … after doing safe mode computer is now in basic windows how would i get it back to normal again

Follow these steps.

forums.malwarebytes.org/ind…064

It asks you to rename the malwarebytes software to explorer.exe, I'm guessing this is to fool the virus into thinking that it is not antivirus software.
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 6th Feb 2011

I had this on a clients computer. Malwarebytes failed to remove it.

Download this onto a memory stick via another computer:
    superantispyware.com/sas…php

Tap f8 when you turn on the infected computer select safe mode without networking

Plug memory stick and run the downloaded program

what internet security were you using that let this thru?

Original Poster

thanks for everyones help especially sedd33 and sparxuk please keep your advice comming as at the moment i am running a scan with my internet security then i will restart the computer and see if i have managed to remove it all you guys are great on here i have had so much help with other things it's better than a google search most times.

Original Poster

slackrat77

what internet security were you using that let this thru?

webroot

Op, if anything other than a reformat and reinstall works for you with this problem it'll be a miracle. Save yourself some time and trouble and just do it.

If u have not sorted it yet, start in safe mode, go to ur program files folder, then u will see a folder with letters and numbers (normaly caps) delete it, then restart comp, bang all done and gone. sorted this problem for my dad the other day.

OR

How to manually remove Security Tool Virus

1. Stop Security Tool Processes: [random numbers].exe
    2. Remove Security Tool Files
    3. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[random numbers]\
    4. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[random numbers]\[random numbers].exe
    5. Remove Security Tool Registry Keys

*HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Security Tool
    *HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Security Tool
    6. Remove Security Tool Startup Entry: [random numbers].exe

Edited by: "slacky2011" 6th Feb 2011

slacky2011

If u have not sorted it yet, start in safe mode, go to ur program files … If u have not sorted it yet, start in safe mode, go to ur program files folder, then u will see a folder with letters and numbers (normaly caps) delete it, then restart comp, bang all done and gone. sorted this problem for my dad the other day.OR How to manually remove Security Tool Virus 1. Stop Security Tool Processes: [random numbers].exe 2. Remove Security Tool Files 3. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[random numbers]\ 4. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\[random numbers]\[random numbers].exe 5. Remove Security Tool Registry Keys *HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Security Tool *HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Security Tool 6. Remove Security Tool Startup Entry: [random numbers].exe

I seriously would not advise anyone go into the system registry and start playing around unless at least moderately proficient in computing!

I had this a few weeks back, I went into safe mode and restored my laptop to the week before and it was gone no problem. Had my other half check it over (he works in IT) and he says it seems to have done the trick. Anyway not had a problem since.

theres only one way to get rid of this and its very easy dont use anything (software) dont touch registry or anything you dont need to pm me and ill tell you how
    Edited by: "shadow1" 7th Feb 2011

shadow1

theres only one way to get rid of this and its very easy dont use … theres only one way to get rid of this and its very easy dont use anything (software) dont touch registry or anything you dont need to pm me and ill tell you how

Why do you have to pm it? Whats wrong with posting it in the thread?

Original Poster

shadow1

theres only one way to get rid of this and its very easy dont use … theres only one way to get rid of this and its very easy dont use anything (software) dont touch registry or anything you dont need to pm me and ill tell you how

yes post it please to help everybody

Banned

deek72

Op, if anything other than a reformat and reinstall works for you with … Op, if anything other than a reformat and reinstall works for you with this problem it'll be a miracle. Save yourself some time and trouble and just do it.

my mate had this and this did not sort it......root kit was imbedded in the registry

tds killer sorted it ,most av do not detect it including malware bytes

it was part of the google redirect virus and instlled some dodgy antivirus program
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Android "Amazon rewards" pop-up???66
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?622
      3. Ditched Sky1315
      4. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?33

See more discussions