Groups

Need help with 3g sim card - advice?

My nan has a very old nokia phone (not a smart phone) and was on the giffgaff network. They switched to 4g and now her 3g sim doesnt work. She wants to keep this phone. What network or sim card will I need to get for her ''standard phone''?

9 Comments

should still work as far as I know

Original Poster

It doesnt, shes had texts to say they are switching over to 4g network but didnt see them so her number/sim card have been disconnected now

ee? bt? vodafone? tesco? o2?

Asda PAYG, I use it in a 9 year old Nokia, as a spare in the glovebox.

why not go on giffgaff website and ask them to send you a payg sim.

raichthebest

It doesnt, shes had texts to say they are switching over to 4g network … It doesnt, shes had texts to say they are switching over to 4g network but didnt see them so her number/sim card have been disconnected now

When did she get the text, we have a few oldies on giffgaff pay as you go and none of them have had the text, also can't see anything on their site or community about it. O2 would be a good way to go, was thinking of moving ours to it, they now have a cheap PAYG cheaper than giffgaff.

Original Poster

theguitarman

why not go on giffgaff website and ask them to send you a payg sim.

I have done, not rec'd anything as of yet.

Original Poster

eslick

When did she get the text, we have a few oldies on giffgaff pay as you go … When did she get the text, we have a few oldies on giffgaff pay as you go and none of them have had the text, also can't see anything on their site or community about it. O2 would be a good way to go, was thinking of moving ours to it, they now have a cheap PAYG cheaper than giffgaff.

She's had quite a few texts off them saying it will be disconnected as they are switching to 4g and will no longer support 3g sims. She doesnt read her texts though, only uses her phone for calling.

I thought Giffgaff used O2, and not aware that they were phasing out what would be 2G coverage - an old Nokia will be a 2G device, not a 3G
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions