Need help with an eBay problem

Banned
I've been ebaying for years, and not really had many problems

but after bidding on a car, i noticed a bid up over mine, then a retraction and a re-bid to the max amount that i bid.

How do i report it to eBay, i clicked report at the bottom but the catagories are useless and it has nothing on "shadow bidding" or whatever its called, unless i missed it ?

any help would be great

8 Comments

If you google ebay shill bidding you should find some help..Did copy and paste this part for you...
How to report shill bidding:

Use the report link on the Shill Bidding Policy page, found here:
Shill Bidding Policy

You can still use eBay's direct e-mail, which is [email protected]

When forming your reports, it's important to include as much evidence as you can. This includes all user IDs, auction numbers, and miscellaneous evidence to help your report.

Keep the details because if safeharbor don't see enough evidence the first time around, you can use your initial report plus any new evidence should the behaviour continue.

hth..

Dont know if the direct ebay link to report will work on HUKD but ill try it

Hope you get it sorted!

Original Poster Banned

Thanks

Reported it to eBay.

Do they act fast, or just 'investigate' ?

wierdowoss;1653976

ThanksReported it to eBay.Do they act fast, or just 'investigate' ?

I honestly couldnt say, have never had to report it, just looked for it for you

wierdowoss;1653976

ThanksReported it to eBay.Do they act fast, or just 'investigate' ?

If you have given them enough 'evidence' they usualy hand out a temp ban to the seller.

I've reported shill bidders in the past and eBay have been quick to act.

I use this tool to check out auctions that I'm not to sure about.

auctionpix.co.uk/shi…php

Original Poster Banned

Yeah

The only problem i find is this:

I report seller, item ends before eBay act.

eBay act on the listing and cancel it, which effectively returns the fee's so for the seller its a win win situation as he's sold the item (car) so no postage and also pays no fees :-(

wierdowoss;1654075

YeahThe only problem i find is this:I report seller, item ends before … YeahThe only problem i find is this:I report seller, item ends before eBay act.eBay act on the listing and cancel it, which effectively returns the fee's so for the seller its a win win situation as he's sold the item (car) so no postage and also pays no fees :-(

and gets a ban.

Banned

wht not just retract your bids. That'll teach them. I wouldnt buy a car off of someone like that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25104
    2. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1830
    3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1216
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764453

See more discussions