Expired

Need help with choosing a trimmer pls!

Found 2nd Jan 2015
I'm going in circles, idk what to get. I previously had a babyliss istubble but i found it would cut a bit too long. I hate having a beard, mainly like being clean shaven/slight stubble

amazon.co.uk/Phi…mer

amazon.co.uk/Wah…mer

amazon.co.uk/Wah…mer

amazon.co.uk/Wah…mer

Can anyone give me some advice, i'm just looking for a trimmer that would give me 0.2-0.4mm stubble. One that has a decent power output, won't miss and will provide an even trim. Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!!

16 Comments

Yeah stay clean shaven and forget the designer stubble! Sorry not much help.

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

Yeah stay clean shaven and forget the designer stubble! Sorry not much … Yeah stay clean shaven and forget the designer stubble! Sorry not much help.

do you use a razor only?

Do you mean 0.2 - 0.4 cm / 2 - 4 mm ?

ukting

do you use a razor only?

Yeah, I use this one. If you look on twitter or sometimes you get popup on site you get £10 off first order.

cornerstone.co.uk/

Original Poster

jco83

Do you mean 0.2 - 0.4 cm / 2 - 4 mm ?

no i mean 0.4mm

ukting

no i mean 0.4mm

I doubt 0.4mm would be visible to the naked eye. surely it would almost be the same as being clean shaven? Then again I'm a girl so don't have a beard to shave and hubby has a beard so can't check on him. good luck with your trimmer hunt.

Original Poster

adhkarzf

I doubt 0.4mm would be visible to the naked eye. surely it would almost … I doubt 0.4mm would be visible to the naked eye. surely it would almost be the same as being clean shaven? Then again I'm a girl so don't have a beard to shave and hubby has a beard so can't check on him. good luck with your trimmer hunt.

.4mm is essentially a 5 o clock shadow.

Are you a coconut? X)

I don't think it's a trimmer that you're looking for...trimmers are designed to leave you with stubble. Is it maybe an electric razor you're looking for? Not many trimmers will go to 0.2mm as that's not really a trim.

Original Poster

Hastie86

I don't think it's a trimmer that you're looking for...trimmers are … I don't think it's a trimmer that you're looking for...trimmers are designed to leave you with stubble. Is it maybe an electric razor you're looking for? Not many trimmers will go to 0.2mm as that's not really a trim.

Yeah i considered that, but a trimmer with the comb removed offers something in the region of 0.2-0.3mm anyway. Its just a matter of deciding which is the best at trimming hair for hair.

ukting

.4mm is essentially a 5 o clock shadow.

​hmmm I see so you don't really want stubble in the sense that's fashionable just the closest shave possible with a trimmer. I use a remington trimmer on my kids when I cut their hair and do the finishing off which gives a very close shave when you remove the comb but it's quite old and I've never measured the stubble with a ruler.

Wahl Sterling 2 is really good. It's what the barbers use to do the back and sides
amazon.co.uk/Wah…mer

I use Phillips BT405 from Argos and remove the Combe. Leaves a little stubble

Original Poster

krazyasif786

Wahl Sterling 2 is really good. It's what the barbers use to do the back … Wahl Sterling 2 is really good. It's what the barbers use to do the back and sideshttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Wahl-Sterling-Professional-Barbers-Trimmer/dp/B0012BIV70/ref=sr_1_sc_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1451813832&sr=8-5-spell&keywords=walh+trimmer

See theres so many machines its hard to pin point one. I think wahl is prob most durable but which model? Theres a new blitz one around 64 quid but not why its that expensive

I got excited thinking this thread saved me the headache of asking also lol. But it seems you need a electric shaver maybe?

I use a wahl lithium ion which was good but lost it now so looking for something better

Original Poster

aaran7

I got excited thinking this thread saved me the headache of asking also … I got excited thinking this thread saved me the headache of asking also lol. But it seems you need a electric shaver maybe?I use a wahl lithium ion which was good but lost it now so looking for something better

lol yeah man. I had a babyliss stubble thing, but that was really patchy.

Now im just gonna pay extra and get a wahl one. I'm thinking of wahl blitz (it has a foil shaver attachment too) so it's looking good, but its £65. But theres also the white sterling 2 plus which hairdressers use and also the wahl super trimmer. Too many models to decide what to get.

And nah, i use a razor to clean shave from time to time but im just looking for a trimmer that cuts JUST above the skin. any ideas?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions