Groups

need help with connection problems please

2/3 weeks ago i started having trouble with my internet connection on my lap top.
    It would let me connect to the web then after 10/15 mins it would disconnect me.sometimes it would let me re-connect again others it wouldnt connect at all.

I thought this problem might be my wire modem so i decieded to go wireless , in the end i got my brother to set it up for me and it worked for a few hours but now im having the same problems again , and today it just wont connect at all.

I have a pc so im using that , it connects to the web no problems , where am i going wrong ?

5 Comments

whose ur broadband provider

Original Poster

tiscalli , iv rang them up and they said there was maintence going on in the area but that it ended last friday

rocko5000;5138374

whose ur broadband provider

If your PC on the same broadband connection is working fine then it's nothing to do with your broadband provider.

Also, if it occurs with both wired and wireless connections then there's a decent chance it's a software fault rather than a hardware one.

You could try booting from a Linux ]LiveCD and see if the connection troubles persist when running that. If they don't then it's definitely a software problem.

If you do narrow it down to windows then you need to find out what's actually happening. I would try and access something on your network that you can access fine when it's working such as your router's control page

EndlessWaves;5138952

If your PC on the same broadband connection is working fine then it's … If your PC on the same broadband connection is working fine then it's nothing to do with your broadband provider.Also, if it occurs with both wired and wireless connections then there's a decent chance it's a software fault rather than a hardware one.You could try booting from a Linux ]LiveCD and see if the connection troubles persist when running that. If they don't then it's definitely a software problem.If you do narrow it down to windows then you need to find out what's actually happening. I would try and access something on your network that you can access fine when it's working such as your router's control page

i doubt it software related as he said he switcheed from using the wired modem to a wireless 1 so its something to do with tiscali as software doesn't usally disconnect u consitantly in both cases of wired and wireless connections

ok if when wired to pc its ok its possible u need to change the wireless frequency or the wireless card on ur laptop is faulty
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay34
      2. iPhone x33
      3. Amazon prime subscribe & save35
      4. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?1319

See more discussions