Groups

Need help with Internet Explorer

Hi, Im watching two ipods on ebay one they end soon. Im halfway down the page looking at them, as they are close together, I am constantly refreshing the page to see if there are other bids.
    When i refresh though, it takes me right to the top of the page, and I have to scroll down. How can I, when i refresh, make the page stay half way down instead of scrolling down all the while?
    Rep for the solution cheers

19 Comments

Banned

wouldnt it be easier to put them in your watched list, and refresh from there

Original Poster

Looked at that mozilla firefox. If i downloaded that, will there be two desktop icons, one my IE, and one mozilla?

Banned

richard0000;7960898

Looked at that mozilla firefox. If i downloaded that, will there be two … Looked at that mozilla firefox. If i downloaded that, will there be two desktop icons, one my IE, and one mozilla?

yes

Original Poster

sassie;7960863

wouldnt it be easier to put them in your watched list, and refresh from … wouldnt it be easier to put them in your watched list, and refresh from there

It would but I would like to know this tip for sports text commentary, when I refresh it just takes me to the top instead of a third down where the text actually is.

A bit banal but frustrating:o

Original Poster

just noticed, if I refresh this thread it refreshes to place on the page where i was last at.

On ebay, it goes to the top because the cursor goes automatically in to the search box at the top.

rep added sassie & insom thanks.

Banned

just open each of the items in their own tab (ctrl+t) then you can watch each one?

Just delete the internet explror one because you will genuinely never use it once youve got firefox installed

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;7961011

Just delete the internet explror one because you will genuinely never use … Just delete the internet explror one because you will genuinely never use it once youve got firefox installed

wouldnt be too sure on that, since i got forefox i cant remember how may times the bleedin thing freezes and crashes

sassie;7961016

wouldnt be too sure on that, since i got forefox i cant remember how may … wouldnt be too sure on that, since i got forefox i cant remember how may times the bleedin thing freezes and crashes

It has never crashed for me once in years, it is faster, cleaner and more secure than internet explorer in fact the most recent internet explorers are getting more and more like a poor mans firefox, plus I just discoeverd this which is nice

getpersonas.com/en-US/

Original Poster

Ive found a solution to my own problem!

Ive refreshed, gone down to the items and left clicked once on a blank part of the page. It now refreshes to that part everytime. You learn something everyday!

Problem solved thanks everyone. I'll give firefox a bash later.

Banned

iNSOMANiAC;7961050

It has never crashed for me once in years, it is faster, cleaner and more … It has never crashed for me once in years, it is faster, cleaner and more secure than internet explorer in fact the most recent internet explorers are getting more and more like a poor mans firefox, plus I just discoeverd this which is nicehttp://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/

i wish i could say the same, but unfortunately i cant, it is slower then IE and as i said i have lost count of the amoutn of times its froze and crashed, although the "ooops how embarrasing" message you get makes me titter

Banned

richard0000;7961061

Ive found a solution to my own problem!Ive refreshed, gone down to the … Ive found a solution to my own problem!Ive refreshed, gone down to the items and left clicked once on a blank part of the page. It now refreshes to that part everytime. You learn something everyday!Problem solved thanks everyone. I'll give firefox a bash later.

you hadnt clicked, how do you think it remembers where you are - lol

Original Poster

:oops:

Original Poster

WOW!

Firefox is MUCH faster than IE at loading webpages - how is this possible, I thought it was all about connection speeds.

Cheers again for the firefox link, I like it already better than IE

richard0000;7961246

WOW!Firefox is MUCH faster than IE at loading webpages - how is this … WOW!Firefox is MUCH faster than IE at loading webpages - how is this possible, I thought it was all about connection speeds.Cheers again for the firefox link, I like it already better than IE

Firefox is made by the non profit 'mozilla corporation' for the people by the people

and chrome is even faster :P

Banned

richard0000;7961246

WOW!Firefox is MUCH faster than IE at loading webpages - how is this … WOW!Firefox is MUCH faster than IE at loading webpages - how is this possible, I thought it was all about connection speeds.Cheers again for the firefox link, I like it already better than IE

yeah, FF is much better than IE in every way

essential add-ons imho are:-

Autopager

tab mix plus

xmarks

go here to see all the available add-ons (thousands of them).

addons.mozilla.org/en-…fox

dcx_badass;7962491

Not really I find firefox slower for me on every PC I've used. Also don't … Not really I find firefox slower for me on every PC I've used. Also don't like the interface as much.

Then you are buying cack pcs :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 1189
      2. Looking for a mobile phone with a £300 budget45
      3. Oil for Oak Doors33
      4. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?44

See more discussions