Groups

need help with Kodi on Amazon Fire tv stick

Hi there I have successfully put Kodi onto my fire stick however I am struggling with getting anything to play. I have fusion as an add on and I have installed Genesis but I can't get anything to play? Any help would be much appreciated!

31 Comments

A lot of broadband companies now block the streams. I think Kodi is pretty useless now, unless you have a VPN. I recently went to Poland & took my MacBook loads of streams all in HD & work. Come home & mainly SD streams & not much works!

Yeah I agree. with sky and lots blocked

Sky blocks it with their smart setup in the router settings. My mates on sky and his works perfectly. Install addon installer to pre load channels then add zeus. Add Zeus after addon installer because it removes everything first. I'm with talk talk and use it almost every night.

Original Poster

richje100

Sky blocks it with their smart setup in the router settings. My mates on … Sky blocks it with their smart setup in the router settings. My mates on sky and his works perfectly. Install addon installer to pre load channels then add zeus. Add Zeus after addon installer because it removes everything first. I'm with talk talk and use it almost every night.

I've got add on installer but where can I find Zeus mate?

Original Poster

rs84

A lot of broadband companies now block the streams. I think Kodi is … A lot of broadband companies now block the streams. I think Kodi is pretty useless now, unless you have a VPN. I recently went to Poland & took my MacBook loads of streams all in HD & work. Come home & mainly SD streams & not much works!

I'm confused to why so many people recommend it on hotukdeals then? Every time a Amazon Fire to stick comes up loads of people suggest Kodi

By here my friend https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-zeus-video-add-on-kodi/

When u used addon installer did u use the setting for Mac? This is what I have

Original Poster

richje100

By here my friend … By here my friend https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-zeus-video-add-on-kodi/When u used addon installer did u use the setting for Mac? This is what I have

Thanks for the reply, just followed all the steps and its come up with a message saying 'this unit is not receiving data from the Zeus server'. Not sure what that means any help would be great

I have two fire sticks and a fire tv box and they work fine (bt internet)
    you have to remember that all streams and all addons etc dont always work

I find genesis, uk turks and dexter tv to work best but it changes all the time

just follow the above link from richje100 and that should get you started
    Edited by: "madmax666" 27th Nov 2015

Ronald_Koeman

Thanks for the reply, just followed all the steps and its come up with a … Thanks for the reply, just followed all the steps and its come up with a message saying 'this unit is not receiving data from the Zeus server'. Not sure what that means any help would be great

I installed Zeus on a friends earlier today and it worked fine. U got latest version of kodi?

Original Poster

richje100

I installed Zeus on a friends earlier today and it worked fine. U got … I installed Zeus on a friends earlier today and it worked fine. U got latest version of kodi?

Kodi 15.2 isenguard

Ronald_Koeman

I'm confused to why so many people recommend it on hotukdeals then? Every … I'm confused to why so many people recommend it on hotukdeals then? Every time a Amazon Fire to stick comes up loads of people suggest Kodi

Because Kodi is primarily a media centre software (like Plex) and it works brilliantly on Amazon Fire TV stick.

Original Poster

madmax666

I have two fire sticks and a fire tv box and they work fine (bt … I have two fire sticks and a fire tv box and they work fine (bt internet)you have to remember that all streams and all addons etc dont always work I find genesis, uk turks and dexter tv to work best but it changes all the time just follow the above link from richje100 and that should get you started

Thanks just tried uk Turks and some work ok. Thanks

Zeus u have sky channels. It's the one I mainly use as it has everything

Original Poster

richje100

Can't get it to work though

richje100

iptv was the one till they started charging but onwards and upwards as they say

Edited by: "madmax666" 27th Nov 2015

madmax666

iptv was the one till they started charging but onwards and upwards as … iptv was the one till they started charging but onwards and upwards as they say

Used to used Dexter TV too but they changed to premium subscription now

Get private internet access it costs about £2.50 per month and will unlock any blocked addons. Its easy to setup and you can run about 5 devices off one account i think.

RabS1

Get private internet access it costs about £2.50 per month and will … Get private internet access it costs about £2.50 per month and will unlock any blocked addons. Its easy to setup and you can run about 5 devices off one account i think.

U get the hd streams? Where can I find more info bud?

richje100

U get the hd streams? Where can I find more info bud?

Football streams are a bit hit n miss but that seems to be the same for everybody as for tv shows and movies i have no probs. Google Private Internet Access takes 2 minutes to set up through paypal and you are sorted for a year.

richje100

Since when ? mine is still working.

richje100

Dont say that i liked dexter and had only watched it not to long ago

It's asking for subscription but not used it for like a month or so , maybe changed now?

Dexter is crap now, they have that many members the severs can't handle the traffic .

The only way is a private iptv server .

We need to go back to basics here, what broadband provider are you with add there's almost certainly a setting in the router that needs changing to help kodi work properly.

Original Poster

thelatics

We need to go back to basics here, what broadband provider are you with … We need to go back to basics here, what broadband provider are you with add there's almost certainly a setting in the router that needs changing to help kodi work properly.

Hi there, I am with BT

Ronald_Koeman

Hi there, I am with BT

Change the smart setting in the router http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Original Poster

richje100

Change the smart setting in the router … Change the smart setting in the router http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Thank you ever so much!!!! Genesis now works!! Thank youuuu

Ronald_Koeman

Thank you ever so much!!!! Genesis now works!! Thank youuuu

No probs, glad I could be of help

Ronald_Koeman

Kodi 15.2 isenguard

hello did you sort this not receiving data issue out? I have the same problem and i dont know what to do , i installed on my friends just fine but mines not working netiher is genesis , many thanks

motak1

hello did you sort this not receiving data issue out? I have the same … hello did you sort this not receiving data issue out? I have the same problem and i dont know what to do , i installed on my friends just fine but mines not working netiher is genesis , many thanks

Did you even bother to read this thread?

motak1

hello did you sort this not receiving data issue out? I have the same … hello did you sort this not receiving data issue out? I have the same problem and i dont know what to do , i installed on my friends just fine but mines not working netiher is genesis , many thanks

Disable smart set up in ur router if ur with bt.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553813
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814507
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767507
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68

See more discussions