Posted 21st Oct 2021
Hi,

I currently have an ASUS fa506ii-hn272t gaming laptop, unfortunately my charger has been broken by my dog. Struggling to find a replacement charger, anyone able to help
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
26 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Post a photo of the specs on the charger.

You want volts & amps & watts

Or just post them.
    Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 21st Oct 2021
  2. Avatar
    Author
    45845740-jEAjD.jpg
    45845740-ZJSEc.jpg
  3. Avatar
    Author
    Willy_Wonka21/10/2021 22:29

Post a photo of the specs on the charger.You want volts & amps & wattsOr …Post a photo of the specs on the charger.You want volts & amps & wattsOr just post them.

Just posted them
  4. Avatar
    Look at the bottom of the laptop & check it says 20v 7.5A 150W

It might be slightly different. Post what you see.
  5. Avatar
    Author
    Willy_Wonka21/10/2021 22:44

Look at the bottom of the laptop & check it says 20v 7.5A 150WIt might be …Look at the bottom of the laptop & check it says 20v 7.5A 150WIt might be slightly different. Post what you see.

45845808-dVecC.jpg
  6. Avatar
    ebay.co.uk/itm…~vf

Not cheap & will take a while (still looking).

Have you checked the fuse in yours & the power cable?
  7. Avatar
    Author
    Willy_Wonka21/10/2021 22:54

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304078103456?hash=item46cc77a3a0:g:qDcAAOSwZDFhA~vfNot cheap & will take a while (still looking). Have you checked the fuse in yours & the power cable?

Thanks for sending this. It’s a shame it’s a long wait. Really struggling to find anything sooner. My dog chewed through the wire :/
  8. Avatar
    ebay.co.uk/itm…AqZ

19.5v but shouldn't matter in this case. This should do it too. Unsure of the connector pin size.
  9. Avatar
    Tbb21/10/2021 22:55

Thanks for sending this. It’s a shame it’s a long wait. Really struggling t …Thanks for sending this. It’s a shame it’s a long wait. Really struggling to find anything sooner. My dog chewed through the wire :/

Which wire?

Should be simple to repair and if it is the power cable that plugs into the socket then just replace that,
  10. Avatar
    Search for ASUS fa506 charger and they do show up, about £32, others are available and if you trawl through Amazon you might be able to find one on there but you will need to look at the small print.

adaptervendor.co.uk/cha…tml
  11. Avatar
    Author
    Willy_Wonka21/10/2021 23:00

Which wire?Should be simple to repair.

Thanks for sending the other charger, messaged seller to see if suitable pin size for my laptop. The wire he’s chewed through is the one connecting to the actual charger unit. The 3 pin plug is fine.
  12. Avatar
    Author
    eslick21/10/2021 23:01

Search for ASUS fa506 charger and they do show up, about £32, others are …Search for ASUS fa506 charger and they do show up, about £32, others are available and if you trawl through Amazon you might be able to find one on there but you will need to look at the small print.https://www.adaptervendor.co.uk/charger-for-asus-c-90_104/genuine-20v-75a-150w-asus-tuf-gaming-a15-fa506-adapter-charger-cord-p-23516.html

Oo this looks good! Hopefully the pin end will fit my charging point. Thank you!
  13. Avatar
    Tbb21/10/2021 23:02

Thanks for sending the other charger, messaged seller to see if suitable …Thanks for sending the other charger, messaged seller to see if suitable pin size for my laptop. The wire he’s chewed through is the one connecting to the actual charger unit. The 3 pin plug is fine.

You can still repair that bit. Its just flex with 2 wires running through. You just cut out the bit the dog chewed & join it back together. It is pretty simple to do.

Even if you have to get rid of most of the cable you just buy a longer power lead.
  14. Avatar
    Bad dog
  15. Avatar
    Willy_Wonka21/10/2021 23:08

You can still repair that bit. Its just flex with 2 wires running through. …You can still repair that bit. Its just flex with 2 wires running through. You just cut out the bit the dog chewed & join it back together. It is pretty simple to do. Even if you have to get rid of most of the cable you just buy a longer power lead.

THIS.
    Unless I'm missing some information then this should be a very simple repair. Obviously much cheaper and quicker for you too
  16. Avatar
    I didn't know these existed (no pets), I was just googling out of boredom.

amazon.co.uk/PET…K7J
    Edited by: "Frankie77" 21st Oct 2021
  17. Avatar
    Tbb21/10/2021 23:04

Oo this looks good! Hopefully the pin end will fit my charging point. …Oo this looks good! Hopefully the pin end will fit my charging point. Thank you!

Suggest avoid adaptervendor for multiple reasons.

Tbb21/10/2021 23:04

Oo this looks good! Hopefully the pin end will fit my charging point. …Oo this looks good! Hopefully the pin end will fit my charging point. Thank you!

Not suitable without DC barrel adapter.
  18. Avatar
    Total £23.08 next day for combination of 150W 19.5V charger plus 7.4/5.0 - 6.0/3.7 DC barrel adapter/converter with comfort of Amazon fulfillment
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…H0/
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…1R/

or direct replacement fulfilled Amazon next day £45
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…DS/

and where all above options can be sourced cheaper at sacrifice of delivery time.

If the chewed item has at least 30mm of undamaged cable from the DC barrel end and the power block end then a cable repair will likely be the most cost effective option. If not confident to sort yourself or via buddies / family, ask opinion at TV, PC or even possibly phone repair service centres.
  19. Avatar
    Author
    Thank you all for your help so far
  20. Avatar
    Author
    AndyRoyd22/10/2021 04:31

Total £23.08 next day for combination of 150W 19.5V charger plus 7.4/5.0 - …Total £23.08 next day for combination of 150W 19.5V charger plus 7.4/5.0 - 6.0/3.7 DC barrel adapter/converter with comfort of Amazon fulfillmenthttps://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019DW4OH0/https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07R8TG41R/or direct replacement fulfilled Amazon next day £45https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B099237FDS/ and where all above options can be sourced cheaper at sacrifice of delivery time.If the chewed item has at least 30mm of undamaged cable from the DC barrel end and the power block end then a cable repair will likely be the most cost effective option. If not confident to sort yourself or via buddies / family, ask opinion at TV, PC or even possibly phone repair service centres.

These look interesting, my only concern is the pin, I’m not sure if these have the pin that fits into my laptop.
  21. Avatar
    How did the dog break it, if its just the low voltage cable that was chewed, then it still "works" it just has a broken cable. And could be fixed by cutting out the bad section and soldering back together, but would require some expertise to do safely
  22. Avatar
    Tbb22/10/2021 06:07

These look interesting, my only concern is the pin, I’m not sure if these h …These look interesting, my only concern is the pin, I’m not sure if these have the pin that fits into my laptop.

Tailored websearch of your chewed adapter part number indicates its DC barrel connector size as 6.0/3.7mm, example google.com/sea…3.7
    so you need a solution that terminates with a 6.0/3.7mm DC barrel.

The stated DC barrel size of the suggested £16.09 charger is male 7.4/5.0mm.
    The DC barrel of the suggested £6.08 barrel converter cable is female 7.4/5.0mm with a male output of 6.0/3.7mm.

The £45 direct replacement charger is stated to have 6.0/3.7mm barrel.
  23. Avatar
    Have you looked on CPC website
  24. Avatar
    Author
    AndyRoyd22/10/2021 12:41

Tailored websearch of your chewed adapter part number indicates its DC …Tailored websearch of your chewed adapter part number indicates its DC barrel connector size as 6.0/3.7mm, example https://www.google.com/search?&q=150ch+3.7so you need a solution that terminates with a 6.0/3.7mm DC barrel.The stated DC barrel size of the suggested £16.09 charger is male 7.4/5.0mm.The DC barrel of the suggested £6.08 barrel converter cable is female 7.4/5.0mm with a male output of 6.0/3.7mm.The £45 direct replacement charger is stated to have 6.0/3.7mm barrel.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this, means a lot.

I’ll be buying the £45 one. Cheers
  25. Avatar
    When my sons Asus 19v charger plug (the laptop end) disintegrated, he found he could at least charge the battery using the 17v adapter from my Lenovo - the plug even fitted. That 2v difference meant that it can't power the laptop though. Been wondering what to do with it now he's got a more modern laptop. The old one even runs Windows 10. We seem to have lost the broken adapter and new ones are pricey.
Post a comment