Groups

need help with my washing machine.

just taken the load out my washing machine and have noticed that one of the ridges that you push the drum round has broken it came out with the washing omg.
    does anyone know if this can be fixed or if its still ok to use. it was put in with my kitchen 3 yrs ago so dont think hotpoint will be interested.
    thanks in advance

14 Comments

Yeah they can be fixed. Quite a common problem with Hotpoint washers. Are they the plastic ones?

Original Poster

rotisman38;7801236

Yeah they can be fixed. Quite a common problem with Hotpoint washers. Are … Yeah they can be fixed. Quite a common problem with Hotpoint washers. Are they the plastic ones?

yeah its plastic i was trying to get it bak in till i realised that the bottomwee clips have all broke arrgghh.
    do i need a hotpoint engineer or can i buy them elsewhere.. sorry about all the questions but ive got 3 washes still to do lol.. can i still use it or should i wait thanks

I still used mine until repaired, under warranty though. Just make sure it isn't leaking anywhere whilst running.

louise.123;7801257

yeah its plastic i was trying to get it bak in till i realised that the … yeah its plastic i was trying to get it bak in till i realised that the bottomwee clips have all broke arrgghh.do i need a hotpoint engineer or can i buy them elsewhere.. sorry about all the questions but ive got 3 washes still to do lol.. can i still use it or should i wait thanks

Has it left a sharp edge? you don't want to shred your clothes !

Banned

rotisman38;7801279

I still used mine until repaired, under warranty though. Just make sure … I still used mine until repaired, under warranty though. Just make sure it isn't leaking anywhere whilst running.

the drum leaks anyway :-D

Original Poster

queenlush;7801286

Has it left a sharp edge? you don't want to shred your clothes !

no sharp edge it was just there inside a towel lol and the drum is completly clear

Original Poster

does anyone know what this thing is caled is it a filter handle ?

Drum Paddle

Original Poster

rotisman38;7801337

Drum Paddle

thanks i will rep you all going to phone to see if i can get one

Same happened to mine.

Had to get Whirlpool to send out new ones after about 14 months (tried charging me, but after Sales of Goods Act speech, they relented).

They snapped off again about 2 months after the new ones, so I just Araldite'd them back on.

The wife did a 90* wash though the other day and it melted the bond, so they fell off again.

If you need to use it quickly, just nip down to the DIY shop/Supermarket and buy some Araldite for a couple of quid.

I'm going to persure it with Asda though, as the clips are obviously not fit for purpose.

They're called "Drum Lifters" btw.

Banned

whats the exact model number?

Original Poster

csiman;7801791

whats the exact model number?

sorry about they delay its a hotpoint bwd129
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846351
      2. GCSE Results day89
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4992462
      4. Samsung Note 81118

See more discussions