||
    ||
    ||
    ||
    /

17 Comments

Original Poster

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7334/videoerror.jpg

DirectX 5, lol. That's an old game/software you're trying to run!

Original Poster

Its [email protected] race pro haha!

11 years, woo!
    Are you running it in Windows 3.1 mode :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5836862

11 years, woo! Are you running it in Windows 3.1 mode :thumbsup:

Nooo im not, running it on xp. It used to work for me, but now its giving that error and its the same comp and screen too.

at run type DXDIAG, then run tests
    Update video drivers, update directX.
    Is your colour set at 16 bit or 32 bit colour?

Original Poster

guru_the;5837108

at run type DXDIAG, then run testsUpdate video drivers, update directX.Is … at run type DXDIAG, then run testsUpdate video drivers, update directX.Is your colour set at 16 bit or 32 bit colour?

32 bit colour I can't seem to change it when I try properties from the desktop.

PraxxtorCruel;5837159

32 bit colour I can't seem to change it when I try properties from the … 32 bit colour I can't seem to change it when I try properties from the desktop.

It should, are you in office or have full rights on computer.?
    I would download video drivers from manufactor webpage.
    Did DXDIAGS report any faults?

Original Poster

guru_the;5837494

It should, are you in office or have full rights on computer.?I would … It should, are you in office or have full rights on computer.?I would download video drivers from manufactor webpage.Did DXDIAGS report any faults?

Nop it found no problems, also I tried to download my graphics card drivers but the install failed, why's that?

Original Poster

Okay I downloaded drivers for my graphics card but it still wont allow me to change to 16 bit colour.

Did the video driver go threw its install, ie automatic one (next, next then ok)?
    Did it force you to reboot? (this should happen)
    Or did you do it a different way?
    Are you administor, Full rights on this machine?

Banned

what graphic card is it?

Original Poster

guru_the;5838532

Did the video driver go threw its install, ie automatic one (next, next … Did the video driver go threw its install, ie automatic one (next, next then ok)?Did it force you to reboot? (this should happen)Or did you do it a different way?Are you administor, Full rights on this machine?

Yep it installed I restarted, yes im the administrator. Now I got it to go to 16 bit colour but I still get the same error when I try and run the game?

Maybe download newest DirectX?
    before you had problems changing setting and installion of driver, how you fix that (what was wrong)?

Have you tried running the exe in compatibility mode?

John

Original Poster

Have tried running in all forms of compatibility mode still gives the error, downloaded the newest version for xp about 15 mins ago and restarted computer. The graphics card is Ati Radeon x850 xt platinum II edition. Its an old graphics card but its still decent.

Original Poster

guru_the;5838725

Maybe download newest DirectX?before you had problems changing setting … Maybe download newest DirectX?before you had problems changing setting and installion of driver, how you fix that (what was wrong)?

I installed the catalystic driver and changed it to 16 bit from there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3401233
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.2023
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1118
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417214142

See more discussions