Need help with WFH setup

Posted 16th Mar
Dear community members.

We have been asked to work from home from today and been today that we will get £200 to help purchase any stuff we need to home working.

Company has given us laptop and docking station.

I have no office setup but have desk and chair which I can use

Can anyone please suggest as per my budget.
- monitor ( mainly office work, maybe odd your tube video or movies sometime)
- wireless keyboard and mouse
- will I need anything else ?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

18 Comments
Staples might be a good start. Best to get it all in one place.
printer?

Decent coffee machine?
mas9916/03/2020 09:46

printer?Decent coffee machine?

I wish I could get coffee machine.

With £200 budget I am not sure I will be able to buy printer too..
I don’t think I need printer anyways, if I need something to printed I use library mostly. They don’t charge a lot
Can you not grab a monitor a spare / old monitor from work? That's what we did
I use a 4k tv as my monitor at home.
mas9916/03/2020 09:56

I use a 4k tv as my monitor at home.

My wife will kill me if I do that
niffer116/03/2020 09:54

Can you not grab a monitor a spare / old monitor from work? That's what we …Can you not grab a monitor a spare / old monitor from work? That's what we did

Yeah, some folks did that, I missed the opportunity, but on bright side they will have to return it but I will be able to keep my purchase
Guess it depends on what connections your dock has, and the screen size you're used to. But you could pick everything up in one go from Argos. You could do it very cheaply if you looked second hand for the monitors though.

I've got 2 x 22' Monitors on a stand (amazon.co.uk/1ho…OH/) connected to my laptop via a Toshiba Dynadock that I picked up for £15 on Ebay. Works great for me.

argos.co.uk/pro…129
argos.co.uk/pro…542
RealOldMonk16/03/2020 09:49

I wish I could get coffee machine.With £200 budget I am not sure I will be …I wish I could get coffee machine.With £200 budget I am not sure I will be able to buy printer too.. I don’t think I need printer anyways, if I need something to printed I use library mostly. They don’t charge a lot

Better not to travel if possible. Library may be close later?
i would suggest just grab a cheap £30 all in one printer.
Cisco06060616/03/2020 10:23

Better not to travel if possible. Library may be close later?i would …Better not to travel if possible. Library may be close later?i would suggest just grab a cheap £30 all in one printer.

Thanks, yeah did not think of it being closed if things go bad
What job do you have?
PaulTheYid16/03/2020 10:28

What job do you have?

I work in claims for a insurance company, I look at claims which have gone through lvl 1 support and needs review.
It’s mostly keeping check on email and claims processing system or any task which are assigned in task manager.
RealOldMonk16/03/2020 10:32

I work in claims for a insurance company, I look at claims which have gone …I work in claims for a insurance company, I look at claims which have gone through lvl 1 support and needs review. It’s mostly keeping check on email and claims processing system or any task which are assigned in task manager.

Then any cheap FHD monitor should suffice. Also as someone above said, just make sure it has suitable connections for your doc; HDMI and/or display port etc.
PaulTheYid16/03/2020 10:35

Then any cheap FHD monitor should suffice. Also as someone above said, …Then any cheap FHD monitor should suffice. Also as someone above said, just make sure it has suitable connections for your doc; HDMI and/or display port etc.

Thanks Paul
Monitor £80
Keyboard mouse £50
Balance on printer and paper?
Headset £50 or use your Bluetooth/3mm headphones

That's all you'll ever need for home working.
I work from home 2-3x a week.

Work provides hardware and contribute 100% towards broadband
Edited by: "rimalpatel007" 16th Mar
rimalpatel00716/03/2020 17:01

Monitor £80Keyboard mouse £50Balance on printer and paper?That's all y …Monitor £80Keyboard mouse £50Balance on printer and paper?That's all you'll ever need for home working. I work from home 2-3x a week. Work provides hardware and contribute 100% towards broadband

Do you mind me asking what job do you do.?
MarioMan16/03/2020 22:28

Do you mind me asking what job do you do.?

Work for a software company, my role ensures customers are getting most value out of the product
Edited by: "rimalpatel007" 16th Mar
rimalpatel00716/03/2020 22:45

Work for a software company, my role ensures customers are getting most …Work for a software company, my role ensures customers are getting most value out of the product

nice, how did you get into that, if you don’t mind me asking what skills and qualifications are required
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants