Groups

Need help/advice buying a new large screen TV

I'm looking to upgrade my LG 50 inch plasma which I've had and been happy with for about 10 years but it's bulky and for the last year or so has been prone to random neon green or pink stripes which can appear suddenly and last anything from 1 day to 2 months.

I have a budget of about £1000 to £1200 and want a screen size of about 60 inches and if necessary soundbar advice too as never had one.
    No gaming requirements if that makes any difference.

Thanks

7 Comments

I'm not a fan of the brand myself by hisense do a 65 that's pretty cheap and got 9/10 for the money in AvForums, go check out there review.

Mate, Hisense is one of the big names that are coming in now from china, quality and features are one of the best and very good in price, for that price range you'll easily pick up a 65' TV. shop around for that brand. Hope this helps

den38 browse that link they come with free 5 year warranties too

Personally I think soundbars are over rated,
    But that's probably just my house lol only really effective when it's something like Mtv and it's turned up loud.
    General use not much different to the tv speakers

stefromuk

Personally I think soundbars are over rated,But that's probably just my … Personally I think soundbars are over rated,But that's probably just my house lol only really effective when it's something like Mtv and it's turned up loud.General use not much different to the tv speakers

You must have bought terrible soundbars OR excellent TVs.

The Samsung UE60KS7000 is an Ultra HD Premium TV and within your budget here...

applianceelectronics.co.uk/vie…855

Or the Panasonic 58DX802B, which doesn't reach full HDR standards, but does have the soundbar integrated into its design...

tps.uk.com/?ta…e=1
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmaticians2847
      2. One thing you've forgotten55
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462
      4. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.816

See more discussions