Groups

Need ideas for an 80s theme party

Going to a party thing on saturday and then into town, need ideas for an easy to do 80's fancy dress.

I don't really wanna go in 80's attire, everyone says just stick some random coloured stuff together but i think everyone will be doing that and calling it 80's.

was thinking maybe a ska rudeboy (very early 80s) lol.

Or maybe something like Ferris bueler style.

Any other ideas? One person is going as Rambo, another as Jimmy white :-|

15 Comments

go as a monkey

jimmy white?!?! what in a waist coat and dickie bow? haha! - i would dress as george michael or one of the ghostbusters.

monkeybrains;5204271

go as a monkey

always with the monkeys.

Fame (I wanna live forever) - cheap sports gear ripped short, sweatbands, eyeliner etc. big hair - camp it up!

ska all the way .....a nice fitted suit ..very thin tie and a pork pie hat ......look up the specials:thumbsup: or what about new romantic like Adam and the ants?.....i take it you are male ?

Original Poster

queenlush;5204302

ska all the way .....a nice fitted suit ..very thin tie and a pork pie … ska all the way .....a nice fitted suit ..very thin tie and a pork pie hat ......look up the specials:thumbsup: or what about new romantic like Adam and the ants?

Yeah ska was my first choice cause i love the music and want the excuse to dress that way, shame i don't have a fitted black suite. lol.

Some one I knew went to a recent 80's party as a rubiks cube !! She got a cardboard box, cut holes for her head and arms, painted it to look like a rubiks cube then wore it out. Looked pretty funny actually :-D

Original Poster

mbgringo;5204289

Fame (I wanna live forever) - cheap sports gear ripped short, sweatbands, … Fame (I wanna live forever) - cheap sports gear ripped short, sweatbands, eyeliner etc. big hair - camp it up!

Yeah thats one for if i cant think of anything else, hehe

Titchimp;5204311

Yeah ska was my first choice cause i love the music and want the excuse … Yeah ska was my first choice cause i love the music and want the excuse to dress that way, shame i don't have a fitted black suite. lol.

charity shops ..or my husbands wedding suit lol

Michael Jackson -
    Adam Ant
    Punk Rocker
    BA Barracus (SP?) from the A Team - hehe - could be fun!

My mum went to one a month ago - she went as Maggie Thatcher

My sister went as Madonna

I'll try to see what the other people went as!

Titchimp;5204311

Yeah ska was my first choice cause i love the music and want the excuse … Yeah ska was my first choice cause i love the music and want the excuse to dress that way, shame i don't have a fitted black suite. lol.

get an over sized jacket from George at Asda ...sew shoulder pads in and some trousers that you can taper in

Titchimp;5204311

have you ever listened to the duallers?

Original Poster

queenlush;5204389

have you ever listened to the duallers?

Nope, link me

Thanks for the ideas guys, i would go as maggie thatcher but she has more balls than me.

White suit Miami Vice style?

Go as the Hoff.... Knight Rider
    or Dukes of Hazard
    Beetlejuice
    Rod Stewart
    A Blues Brother
    Indiana Jones

Require quite a bit of dress up but are fun characters
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions