Need info on reg so i can get justice for my 15yr old son

Found 14th Jul
My son was knocked down by someone on purpose, she was arrested for GBH with intent, but did not attend court. And has since vanished for her previous address. I have been given some info about a car she drives and would like to make sure thus is right befoŕe i tell the cops. How can i do this please.?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Just tell the police let them decide if it's genuine info or not
19 Comments
Just tell the police let them decide if it's genuine info or not
You have no legal way of checking a registration number other than if it’s taxed/mot/insured.
It’s up to the police to carry out the law. The public is meant to provide any information they have and for the police to investigate.
What did you intend to do once you found her?
you can write to dvla and they will under some circumstances release owner info. There is a fee and they wont give out for trivial reasons.

You can make a request for insurance details through the askmid website - again there is a fee but you can get the insurance company. You can check if the car is on the database of insured cars for free but have to pay to get more info.

If they dont come up on askmid then talk to MIB who provide cover for victims of uninsured cars.
Agreed - that’s for the police to do. Speak to your liaison officer and pass the information to them.
In the meantime, seek legal advice or citizens advice on taking civil action against the driver separate to the criminal matter. Most solicitors will offer the first meeting for free. Maybe even check your house insurance / bank to see if you have any legal protection that could be used.
If you have genuine information of the drivers whereabouts then surely your first course of action is to tell the police.

Let them do the legwork.
How do you get justice by withholding information from the police?
They will decide whether the information is relevant/useful.
deleted396333
Amazing.
Thank you . I suppose i should leave it to the police, cos if i found out for sure its her new car god knows wot i might do lol (joking, not joking)
Im sure a silver one reg is [Mod Removed - do not post reg details on here]

Thank you . I suppose i should leave it to the police, cos if i found out for sure its her new car god knows wot i might do lol (joking, not joking)
Edited by moderator: "edit" 14th Jul
andynicol17 m ago

If you have genuine information of the drivers whereabouts then surely …If you have genuine information of the drivers whereabouts then surely your first course of action is to tell the police.Let them do the legwork.

I agree but i dont want to give them info if i am not 100% sure. I dont wanna be giving someone elses details n they get police banging on their door lol
Samantha_Allsop15 m ago

I agree but i dont want to give them info if i am not 100% sure. I dont …I agree but i dont want to give them info if i am not 100% sure. I dont wanna be giving someone elses details n they get police banging on their door lol

Please note, reg details have been removed from your post for these reasons. This could be a innocent party and it wouldn't be fair to have their car details posted on a public forum. Thanks
The posts on this forum just get wilder
Edited by: "Bandicoot" 14th Jul
I bet she’s not got insurance or not declared she run someone down.
All those saying leave it to the police have obviously never dealt with them for such situations. They are near enough useless, can't investigate anything even when it's given to them on a plate.
master1012 m ago

All those saying leave it to the police have obviously never dealt with …All those saying leave it to the police have obviously never dealt with them for such situations. They are near enough useless, can't investigate anything even when it's given to them on a plate.

They were arrested and charged but did not attend court which will be a bigger issue for them.
So if she didn’t turn up to Court the Magistrates would have an issued an Warrant for her arrest backed without bail. The Police are probably trying to locate her (but with scant resources this could take time) so your information may help them.
I would take the time to go to the Police Station (if it’s open) with your son and say I understand that there is an outstanding warrant for xxxxxxx and that I would like to speak to an officer on the case as I may have further information to locate her whereabouts. Then say that you also want to make a complaint against her for a hit and run accident on your son and go from there.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 14th Jul
eslick1 h, 35 m ago

They were arrested and charged but did not attend court which will be a …They were arrested and charged but did not attend court which will be a bigger issue for them.

yes, if they ever follow it up and find her.
master1011 h, 3 m ago

All those saying leave it to the police have obviously never dealt with …All those saying leave it to the police have obviously never dealt with them for such situations. They are near enough useless, can't investigate anything even when it's given to them on a plate.

Yes I have experience in a car related accident.

My stationary car was driven into, driver left the scene, I followed her and called police, she abandoned the car and legged it through a block of flats, police had no trace of her, and couldn’t find the registered keeper!
I saw the woman about 2 weeks later, I knew I had seen her around and she was local so was on the lookout for her, followed her home and took her details to the local station, they visited me next day, after being confronted by them she put her hands up and admitted full liability.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants