Need information on best laptop to buy

Hi this is my 1st ever message on here and i was wondering if anyone can help me, i am in the market for a new laptop, i currently have a 2 year old acer which has done me well but falling apart, im finding its getting slower and slower and also the wireless no longer conects to the internet.
I mainly use my laptop to surf the net in the evenings, for work searching boiler faults, and for playing football manager games which use up alot of memory also meaning i need a high grafics card and high memory im guessing also the speed of the laptop can cause me an issue i need something quick because on these games the reactions are really slow on my old acer,

please can anyone give me any advice on a laptop, id like to keep it as cheap as possible but i am flecible on money.

many thanks once again

4 Comments

Upto £400?
pcworld.co.uk/mar…e-1
Or could be done on finance as its PC World

Welcome to HUKD btw.

I'm asked the same question over and over... it's a simple balancing act between cost / performace. To be honest, I'd be surprised if you can buy a loptop these days that won't suit your needs. That said, you might quickly regret buying the cheapest you can.

One of the most important elements I look at these days is build quality. I think a good price point is around the £400 mark. For that money you should get a respectable specification from a recognisable brand. Go around the shops, look at the build quality used... touch the plastics see the screens - ask to see them under different lighting. Select a series (or two) that you like then hunt hard on sites like this for as much bang as you can get for your buck.

Hope that helps.

dontdothatagain;4184925

Upto … Upto £400?http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/557073/?int=home-1Or could be done on finance as its PC WorldWelcome to HUKD btw.

That looks pretty good.

dotcomslashnet;4185012

That looks pretty good.

I would have bought it
But I bought a Toshiba instead ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2146
    2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2446
    3. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"1928
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17376131

See more discussions