Groups

Need laptop tech help

I have an advent 7094 but i cannot turn the wireless on! I have tried google but it's not being very helpful today. Any ideas are greatly welcomed

12 Comments

When you say you're trying to turn the wireless on, are you meaning the Fn switch to activate the card?

John

have you looked to see if there is a switch somewhere on the laptop? if not have you got a wireless icon in the taskbar?

Original Poster

I mean i don't know. On other laptops there is an external button but this has me stumped.

is there any custom software on the laptop thats controlling the wireless connection?

umm... does it have built in wireless?

shanecr;3331769

umm... does it have built in wireless?

I dont think it does, I think it comes with a wireles USB dongle and disc. Have you tried installing the drivers from the disc and plugging in the USB dongle?

Original Poster

i did search google and it does state wireless. Is there anyway of checking this particular laptop?

Banned

yeh this laptop doesnt have in built wireless. Thats your prob!

mooosey;3331738

I mean i don't know. On other laptops there is an external button but … I mean i don't know. On other laptops there is an external button but this has me stumped.

You should have a blue or green Fn button between the Ctrl and Windows button on the bottom left of the keyboard. You should also have symbols in the same colour printed along the functions keys (F1 to F12), look for a symbol that looks like wireless and then press Fn then that function button. On some laptops this is how wireless is activated, the symbol varies which is why I've been vague - on some machines it's a little radio signal, others it's a mast, on the Lenovo I'm using at the momen it looks like a PC with waves coming off the side.

John

Banned

forums.majorgeeks.com/sho…219

"I have the exact same notebook. It has not got wireless built in, but you can get a USB adapter for it."

mooosey;3331787

i did search google and it does state wireless. Is there anyway of … i did search google and it does state wireless. Is there anyway of checking this particular laptop?

This might help ]http//ww…htm

Original Poster

Thanks suntans and thanks to everyone else.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      2. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?67
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1430

See more discussions