Need new Android Box

Posted 20th Dec 2019
Hi,,whats a good all rounder in the region of say beelink gt pro area(was thinking of getting it but not sure}
Ive a h96 pro+ but my LG OLED C9 wont do a proper handshake ,so it connects at first then drops connection before it fully loads,,have to pull HDMI out every time and re insert it before it works ,so that why need a new box,,thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

26 Comments
Can't really give you any recommendations but i would say watch out for what version of android it ships with as whatever you get is likely to be what it will always be as it seems noone bothers giving out updates.
m1keyp1key20/12/2019 17:32

Can't really give you any recommendations but i would say watch out for …Can't really give you any recommendations but i would say watch out for what version of android it ships with as whatever you get is likely to be what it will always be as it seems noone bothers giving out updates.

Yep mine is quite old now and I’ve also been looking at replacements. I’ve even been thinking about an fire tv box and just side loading
I've gone for an amazon fire stick as i'm fed up with boxes not getting updated.

Last Christmas i got a mecool box, was expensive for an android box and it does all the things i want but it just bugs the hell out of me being stuck on android 7. I'll still be using it but wanted something for another tv.

Best thing to get is an nvidia shield but i couldnt justify the cost.
+1 for Amazon devices, they really are the bang for buck Kings
N shield is nice but to dear,,beelink gt king pro no optical out(I think),,so dont know what else is good
If you can afford it I recommend a Nvidea Shield, I currently have the H96 max on android 9 and have 0 problems
My box used to do the same, used a hdmi splitter and that solved the problem.
An Amazon device is the winner, full warranty, software updates, high resale value, support for all catchup services and kodi.

Can someone help me understand what the appeal of a Chinese android box is over an amazon 4k device?
Edited by: "mogsog" 20th Dec 2019
ok will try a hdmi splitter later,,my amp Yammaha rx z9,old but good,no hdmi,if I could id do it through the amp as then proper handshake,,got 3x alfawise h96pro+,great box's but NONE work LG oled,,all work fine with anything else
mogsog20/12/2019 20:06

An Amazon device is the winner, full warranty, software updates, high …An Amazon device is the winner, full warranty, software updates, high resale value, support for all catchup services and kodi. Can someone help me understand what the appeal of a Chinese android box is over an amazon 4k device?

Amazon is crap for connection it’s on WiFi no Ethernet port
Arto20/12/2019 20:18

I thought the cube had Ethernet ?
Edited by: "Bobster-cyw" 20th Dec 2019
Bobster-cyw20/12/2019 20:18

I thought the cube had Ethernet ?

Have you seen the price compared to an android box
Arto20/12/2019 20:18

Doesn't the official adapter resolve that?
Arto20/12/2019 20:20

Have you seen the price compared to an android box

I thought they were about £80 ? Is the box you recommended not nearer £200 ?
mogsog20/12/2019 20:20

Doesn't the official adapter resolve that?

The android boxes are faster
Bobster-cyw20/12/2019 20:21

I thought they were about £80 ? Is the box you recommended not nearer £200 …I thought they were about £80 ? Is the box you recommended not nearer £200 ?

The one I recommend is about £140 but I use the H96 max which cost me £12
Arto20/12/2019 20:21

The android boxes are faster

For games? or do they play the videos faster?
mogsog20/12/2019 20:53

For games? or do they play the videos faster?

The whole system is quicker
m1keyp1key20/12/2019 17:38

I've gone for an amazon fire stick as i'm fed up with boxes not getting …I've gone for an amazon fire stick as i'm fed up with boxes not getting updated. Last Christmas i got a mecool box, was expensive for an android box and it does all the things i want but it just bugs the hell out of me being stuck on android 7. I'll still be using it but wanted something for another tv. Best thing to get is an nvidia shield but i couldnt justify the cost.

+1 for the Firestick. BTW the Amazon 4K Firestick I have is also based on Android 7!

I also have a Mecool and got the Firestick because Amazon Video on my older TV was struggling to load. The Mecool is hooked up to the bedroom TV now and it's fine for what I use it for.

OP there's a guy on YouTube, ChigzTech, who's reviewed the majority of the TV boxes; this is summarised in a spreadsheet here.
Edited by: "bluefish2303" 20th Dec 2019
get a firestick 4k
want something with 4gb ram 60fps 4k id like Hires audio play backif poss
This is great, I've got a few now, latest amlogic processor, 4gb/32gb or 64gb. Dual band WiFi, gigabit ethernet, 4k, hdr £24 delivered in a week. And with coreelec support it'll out perform a shield.

US $22.99 25%OFF | New Arrival Android 9.0 X96Air Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X3 4GB 32GB 64GB 2.4G&5G Wifi 2G/16G 4K Media Player pk H96 HK1max
a.aliexpress.com/0xpKaYTVv
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 20th Dec 2019
wilson564420/12/2019 20:11

ok will try a hdmi splitter later,,my amp Yammaha rx z9,old but good,no …ok will try a hdmi splitter later,,my amp Yammaha rx z9,old but good,no hdmi,if I could id do it through the amp as then proper handshake,,got 3x alfawise h96pro+,great box's but NONE work LG oled,,all work fine with anything else

You want an hdmi switch, not a splitter. Preferably one with a remote
Amazon 4K firestick is the way to go
Value for money the firestick 4k but only buy it when it on sale,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions