Groups
    EXPIRED

Need new Smoke Alarms

One of my 5 year battery smoke alarms has started to beep (after around 3 years!) so I'm going to replace them all.

Probably looking at about needing 5 alarms.

Any advice about where to buy from & what I should be looking for appreciated.

9 Comments

depending on where u live- contact your local fire service and book a fire safety check of your property if you have no smoke alarms they will provide them with 5 yr batterys in

Original Poster

sambo79;4210971

depending on where u live- contact your local fire service and book a … depending on where u live- contact your local fire service and book a fire safety check of your property if you have no smoke alarms they will provide them with 5 yr batterys in

Thats how I got the last ones so I'd better splash out on the replacements myself :thumbsup:

Can't you just replace the batteries,i thought they beeped when the battery needed changing thats all.

the fire alarms our station provide are guaranteed for 10 years, also you can ask approved multi plug adaptors, but you will need to check to see if your local station provide such a service, as im at morecambe station in lancashire, think you can check on the net, it should be under cfs or community fire safety.

Not that i know anything,mine isnt even on the ceiling,its on top of a kitchen cupboard:w00t:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;4212498

just replace the batteries:)

Ideally looking for ones that have long life (5 years).

No sure if the batteries are replaceable.

Will check tomorrow.

mine started bleeping a few months ago i gave them a good hoover and a shake to remove the dust they stopped bleeping yes they still work

I'd suggest mains powered smoke alarms. Obviously they'd need to be fitted by a 'competent' installer, but it's worth it. I recently did mine and it cost me around £25 for 2. They are both linked and both go off at the same time.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7271383
      2. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608651
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047187
      4. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918

See more discussions