Groups

Need old iMac box to send iMac to Apple

Odd question, but I have to send my iMac to Apple.
    Unfortunately my box was destroyed during several moves and chucked away. I need a replacement one to return the iMac to them, but don't have anything suitable.

Does anyone have any tips on getting one, or making one?
    I have tried contacting the local stores / computer fixers in the area. I have also tried ebay but they are the wrong kind for extortionate amounts...

I need one for a imac 27" 2010 model (the thick one)
    Thanks!

7 Comments

Try your local Halfords..?

Bikes come with handlebars folded in and with no pedals in large flattish boxes which might suit...?
    Edited by: "andynicol" 26th Aug 2016

This is probably a silly question but I assume Apple don't supply boxes for iMacs then? Every other repair which I am aware off, they send you the packaging so you can easily return the device.

EDIT: You could try eBay: ebay.co.uk (direct link removed as we dont allow non merchant links there)
    Edited by moderator: "link removed" 28th Aug 2016

Original Poster

joshp

This is probably a silly question but I assume Apple don't supply boxes … This is probably a silly question but I assume Apple don't supply boxes for iMacs then? Every other repair which I am aware off, they send you the packaging so you can easily return the device. EDIT: You could try eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk

Well i asked the support and they said i had to supply the box, they were not interested. I said I didn't have one and they just repeated that it is my responsibility to supply the box when sending it to them...
    Thanks to both of you though. I'll give it a go making one. None on ebay are any good for my size iMac unfortunately. Plus i'm a little begrudged paying £30+ for a box!!
    Edited by moderator: "link removal" 28th Aug 2016

long shot but how about going for a walk the night before the recyclers visit, amazing the sizes and shapes of boxes people throw away.

be worth you mentioning your rough area on here, someone may have something.

Couldn't you try and get a bigger box and then cut down to size?

Jbdesignme

Well i asked the support and they said i had to supply the box, they were … Well i asked the support and they said i had to supply the box, they were not interested. I said I didn't have one and they just repeated that it is my responsibility to supply the box when sending it to them... Thanks to both of you though. I'll give it a go making one. None on ebay are any good for my size iMac unfortunately. Plus i'm a little begrudged paying £30+ for a box!!

Did you try Halfords?

My local have a metal cage out back that they fill with the boxes which each bike comes in, gets collected to go back to there main depot for recycling after a delivery is made, I'd assume the recycling process is the same for each branch.....

Edited by moderator: "link removal" 28th Aug 2016

Original Poster

andynicol

Did you try Halfords?My local have a metal cage out back that they fill … Did you try Halfords?My local have a metal cage out back that they fill with the boxes which each bike comes in, gets collected to go back to there main depot for recycling after a delivery is made, I'd assume the recycling process is the same for each branch.....

I haven't yet. I went to the cardboard recycling at my work building which is huge. There were some big boxes in there. I'm just not sure i can confidently secure it enough to be safe!
    Edited by moderator: "link removaal" 28th Aug 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions