Need power adapter for external hard drive (looks like s-video connection)

my external hard drive seems to be playing up on me, the power block isn't showing the green on light so i suspect it's only the power adapter/block itself which needs replacing

the power adapter has an unsual end, looks kinda like a s-video connection can anyone confirm what type it is, so i can get a replacement ordered.

edit: added pics

farm4.static.flickr.com/366…jpg

farm4.static.flickr.com/339…jpg

7 Comments

It's a DIN type plug. Your best bet may be to pop into a local Maplin and check out their range of plugs.

Hope this is of some use to you.

Original Poster

it's a WD elements 1TB (got from tesco last year)

wdc.com/en/…498

On the base of the power pack is usually a pin out diagram if you can post a copy of that I have a few spare power supplies from external HD's as I copped for some "cheap" to use as internals.

If I have one that matches I will send you for cost of postage.

Original Poster

harlzter;4954252

On the base of the power pack is usually a pin out diagram if you can … On the base of the power pack is usually a pin out diagram if you can post a copy of that I have a few spare power supplies from external HD's as I copped for some "cheap" to use as internals.If I have one that matches I will send you for cost of postage.

thanks for the kind offer

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3662/3450699058_7f5a321b39.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3395/3450695074_e38a88ffdf.jpg

godsakes;4954482

thanks for the kind offer

I meant on the power bricks label lol:-D

But from that I know all mine have the rectangular part in the centre running 90 degrees to what yours does, there are three connection types in these 12v 5v and ground, so be careful if you do get hold of one that they equate to each other.

Original Poster

harlzter;4954869

But from that I know all mine have the rectangular part in the centre … But from that I know all mine have the rectangular part in the centre running 90 degrees to what yours does, there are three connection types in these 12v 5v and ground, so be careful if you do get hold of one that they equate to each other.

sounds like the one on my seagate drive, strange there's so many.... thanks for your help BTW :-)

Yes, that's definitely a DIN type socket/plug configuration. Maplin are your guys.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846119
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764084
    3. Sad news about Barcelona1869
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?66

See more discussions