Need some advice about the Nokia 5800 mobile phone

13 replies
Found 17th Jun 2010
My girlfriend is considering getting one of these but we just wanted to know what people think of them (mainly regarding the internet) if you have/used to have one. She will mainly use it for facebook, msn, ebay etc so would like to know if it is easy to use, how quick the internet is and also if you are able to upload pictures from the phone to ebay and facebook etc.
any advice about this or about the phone in general would be great. thank you

13 Comments

Dont think this phone is ideal for tinternet, I think it is primarily for musak.
You would need something more like an android phone (IMO)

Original Poster

ah ok. is just because she has seen it as a cheap deal and it comes with unlimited internet at no extra cost so was hoping it would be ok just for those few bits she would use it for

My daughter has one, its not too bad but bare in mind you have to use a stylus with it, the screens not great for finger use.

Original Poster

steve1221;8860156

My daughter has one, its not too bad but bare in mind you have to use a … My daughter has one, its not too bad but bare in mind you have to use a stylus with it, the screens not great for finger use.

she is fine with using a stylus but thanks for the advice. did your daughter use hers for the internet at all and do you know if it is quick and easy to upload photos to say facebook?

She used it mainly for Ovi maps and music. No idea about facebook, but if you're needing that there are some HTC or Samsungs that might be better, they have facebook/tweeter etc embedded.

Take a look at the HTC Wildfire or the Samsung Montie..

Original Poster

steve1221;8860216

She used it mainly for Ovi maps and music. No idea about facebook, but if … She used it mainly for Ovi maps and music. No idea about facebook, but if you're needing that there are some HTC or Samsungs that might be better, they have facebook/tweeter etc embedded.Take a look at the HTC Wildfire or the Samsung Montie..

That's great. Thanks both of you for your help

Yes I use it but use opera mini as its loads better than the included browser. Never use the stylus (only ever used it to flick the sim card out!) Yes its not as swish as an iphone or Desire but still very usable. As for facebook and the like there are apps for it but I prefer the browser version.

I love my 5800, use it for internet quite a bit, only downside is the internet use does drain the battery, but apart from that it's fine

have a 5800 internet on mine closer down all the time when browsing. Worst phone i have ever had so bad 3 are taking it back in contract period and i an cancelling as they cannot fix this problem

Marty1981;8860444

have a 5800 internet on mine closer down all the time when browsing. … have a 5800 internet on mine closer down all the time when browsing. Worst phone i have ever had so bad 3 are taking it back in contract period and i an cancelling as they cannot fix this problem

Yeh mine does that

dandoc2;8860834

Yeh mine does that

What browser are you using?

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8860849

What browser are you using?

normal one with phone - mine just freezes and crashes the touch screen when i go online and the page is too big

dandoc2;8871093

normal one with phone - mine just freezes and crashes the touch screen … normal one with phone - mine just freezes and crashes the touch screen when i go online and the page is too big

What software version are you using? Also give opera a go it's so much better.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22
    2. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…79
    3. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?57
    4. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89

See more discussions