Need some advice (argos)

Just looked throigh the Argos Homr half price sale book and saw a sofa bed for £199.99, had a look online and it's saying £274.99, anyway just went to argos to purchase and they wouldn't honour the £199.99 price saying it's a genuine typing error, basically the ad on the internet says save £25 now £274.99, in the book it says £299.99 crossed out, save £20 now £199.99 where it should read £279.99.

So although we just got fobbed off, where do i stand as a custimer?

Thanks

10 Comments

I worked for Tesco for 10 years and in there it was if you're loud enough about it, and demanding enough they'll honour/refund etc anything!!! They don't want a scene in front of other potential customers....

don't know about the legalities though.

As far as I am aware there is nothing you can do legally until money
has been paid ( and even then it's "get outable"!?!? )
Specifically with argos it does state on the website that the price you pay
will be the INSTORE price on the day.........
"Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis.
The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items"

Having said that I agree with the post above to stand a chance of getting at that
price your only option was to make some noise.........

Banned

as a custimer (sic), you dont have a chance

Legally theres nothing you can do about it as ads are classed as an invitation to treat rather than an offer.

There was another post on here around a week ago or so with someone reporting the same thing but with an item of a lesser price, and they said that the Argos store accepted and honoured the price error.

It may be worthwhile phoning the Argos head office and asking them about it rather than in-store.

Good luck with it anyways, hope you get it

Original Poster

Oh well, Nevermind.

can u not buy it online or has the price changed now?

sorry ignore me just read its more online

the argos home deals all finished on the 24th december if you take a look on the front page i think you will find it there - the only reason i know is because i went to order the marquis furniture and it came up different and on checking found the prices were only valid until the 24th

Original Poster

sn0ttyang3l;3883017

the argos home deals all finished on the 24th december if you take a look … the argos home deals all finished on the 24th december if you take a look on the front page i think you will find it their - the only reason i know is because i went to order the marquis furniture and it came up different and on checking found the prices were only valid until the 24th

Just had a look and it says ends 16th jan 2009

[img]img.photobucket.com/alb…jpg?t=1230508584[/img]

somewhere on the brochure it will say E&OE so they do not have to honor the price.

apples33;3883028

Just had a look and it says ends 16th jan … Just had a look and it says ends 16th jan 2009[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/skinnyvinny/CIMG1570.jpg?t=1230508584[/img]

sorry different book - i got on saturday a little brown book which said Argos Home I thought you were talking about that booklet not a brochure
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2745
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?1959
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846135
    4. Pink Balls613

See more discussions