Need some advice on a new 4k TV

Found 17th Apr
Hi All,

So My TV broke last night and need a new one and I thought this time lets go 4k. So I have a budget of around £500 (could wiggle to a little higher if its alot better) and im really stuck on choice. First I saw this LG 55UJ630V for £499 from Richer Sounds. Then I saw a deal posted here for Panasonic TX-49EX600B for £449 but then some people are saying that some of the Hisense TV's are also good.

confused!?

SO I was wondering what TV is looking the better. I was hopoing to get as closew to 4k Ultra and HDR (i know im never going to get HDR10 for that price). Any suggestions?

THank you!
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
The Samsung 4K TV's have an amazing picture quality.
I bought a Philips PUS6262 in 43" from Argos recently and the picture is great. it doesn't do proper HDR, but I can't really tell the difference. What really makes the difference for me is the Ambilight, which has to be seen to be believed. When it's dark, it really adds to the picture.
HDR10 is a format for video and the most common one. It's not a description of the TV's HDR abilities.

What 4K video will you be watching?
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 17th Apr
For that price I don't think it matters much, I was also just looking, and didn't really want to spend £1400 for the LG OLED.

There are varying reviews of the LG 630V but most of them you don't know what their knowledge of a good picture is.
The 'expert' reviews say it's ok, but nothing special.

In the end I went for the Sony 55 XE85 that had good reviews and the 'Expert' said it had good SD upscaling.

But for a £800 set I would say it's not much better than my old Samsung (when the old one was working properly).
Even HD broadcasts I think could be better, it's definitely brighter, but far from perfect.
Cheers guys for the feedback!

EndlessWaves12 h, 50 m ago

HDR10 is a format for video and the most common one. It's not a …HDR10 is a format for video and the most common one. It's not a description of the TV's HDR abilities. What 4K video will you be watching?

At the moment it Netflix but I really wanna see star wars in 4k

Cakeboy7913 h, 36 m ago

I bought a Philips PUS6262 in 43" from Argos recently and the picture is …I bought a Philips PUS6262 in 43" from Argos recently and the picture is great. it doesn't do proper HDR, but I can't really tell the difference. What really makes the difference for me is the Ambilight, which has to be seen to be believed. When it's dark, it really adds to the picture.

I shall check that one out, thank you
Bit of newbie here, so any help/advice would be really useful.
Been reading the forums / expert advice across the board for a few months for a decent value 65 inch 4K TV.
Samsung MU7000 / Sony XE8/9 series come up in the good value range.
I know 10bit panel and edge lit is considered good for viewing
But my usage will be predominantly SKY Q content ( 1TB box) so not Ultra HD content and the occasional online streaming, no gaming , no Blu Ray.

Also most channels, content would be SD/HD channels so probably a TV which can upscale normal transmission to 4K

Is this hisense a good buy for above viewing or is there a better one with good value ??

Appreciate any advice!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants