Need some advise please

Found 26th Mar
Hey I am a tenant in a housing association house, the kitchen worktop around my sink needed replacing and so they came out and repaired it, the problem is the rest of my worktops is very worn and has stains that I cannot remove, ( left from previous owner) I did ask for r all to be replaced they said no, but now the new one has been fitted in it is white and the old one is green, next to each other where do I stand having it all replaced same colour, apparently I’m not due for a new kitchen until 2027, I have tried to get stains out but the varnish has literally worn away and it will not clean
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
You are renting the house, it’s up to the owner. As long as it’s liveable in and in reasonable condition your stuck with it.
Worktop isn't expensive. If it really bugs you, maybe you could ask if you could pay to have it matched. Other than that, not sure what you can do. A housing association will have many calls on their resources. I guess someone else's broken boiler or faulty windows will take precedence over mismatched worktops.
14 Comments
as the above poster stated, you could cover the worktops with vinyl to get a match. even on an insurance claim, the insurer will not pay for the replacement to match.
You are renting the house, it’s up to the owner. As long as it’s liveable in and in reasonable condition your stuck with it.
Dont stick to having 2 different coloured worktops they are a housing association and not a private landlord. Go through their complaints procedure and tell them straight that if nothing is done you are taking photo's of the said worktops and going to forward them to your MP or MSP if you live in Scotland or AM if you live in Wales so he/she can take your complaint up. If nothing is still done report it to the Housing Ombudsman because i know he wont be happy with you have 2 different coloured worktops in this day and age.

housing-ombudsman.org.uk/
Edited by: "webtrawler" 26th Mar
Ask for permission and have a replacement fitted your self?.
Worktop isn't expensive. If it really bugs you, maybe you could ask if you could pay to have it matched. Other than that, not sure what you can do. A housing association will have many calls on their resources. I guess someone else's broken boiler or faulty windows will take precedence over mismatched worktops.
webtrawler53 m ago

Dont stick to having 2 different coloured worktops they are a housing …Dont stick to having 2 different coloured worktops they are a housing association and not a private landlord. Go through their complaints procedure and tell them straight that if nothing is done you are taking photo's of the said worktops and going to forward them to your MP or MSP if you live in Scotland or AM if you live in Wales so he/she can take your complaint up. If nothing is still done report it to the Housing Ombudsman because i know he wont be happy with you have 2 different coloured worktops in this day and age.http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

Sorry but what a load of garbage.
webtrawler2 h, 10 m ago

Dont stick to having 2 different coloured worktops they are a housing …Dont stick to having 2 different coloured worktops they are a housing association and not a private landlord. Go through their complaints procedure and tell them straight that if nothing is done you are taking photo's of the said worktops and going to forward them to your MP or MSP if you live in Scotland or AM if you live in Wales so he/she can take your complaint up. If nothing is still done report it to the Housing Ombudsman because i know he wont be happy with you have 2 different coloured worktops in this day and age.http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/

lol. are you serious? housing association are there to provide cheap housing to those that can not afford rents in the private sector. count yourself lucky if you manage to get a housing association property and don't have to pay private sector rents.
Get a quote for getting it done yourself and ask if they'll split costs
webtrawler9 h, 52 m ago

Oh please! Next you'll be saying ring the daily mail with your unhappy face on
the vinyl comment is a good one. you can order some really lovely but still cheap adhesive designs from amazon that could probabnly work short term. As another user said, long term the issue is really the homeowners and is down to him
chocci6 h, 11 m ago

Oh please! Next you'll be saying ring the daily mail with your unhappy …Oh please! Next you'll be saying ring the daily mail with your unhappy face on

TENANT BLASTS HOUSING ASSOCIATION OVER MISMATCHING WORK TOPS WHICH IS RUINING THEIR LIVES

Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 27th Mar
cmdr_elito19 h, 35 m ago

TENANT BLASTS HOUSING ASSOCIATION OVER MISMATCHING WORK TOPS WHICH IS …TENANT BLASTS HOUSING ASSOCIATION OVER MISMATCHING WORK TOPS WHICH IS RUINING THEIR LIVES;(

WHILE OTHERS HAVE BLOCKED DRAINS AND NO HOT WATER

Silly season approacheth
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants