Groups

Need some help.

I dont know if this is the right section but i recently brought a PS3 of ebay
    cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…dll?ViewItem&item=180495319055&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I hardly had it for 3 days and ive got yellow lights so its totally not working.. This cant be from overheating as ive hardly played it. The descritpion says he has never had a fault with the console yet it has yellow lights. Am i entitled to a REFUND?

11 Comments

Email him stating what has happened and ask for refund. If he says no open a dispute and get money back that way.

Banned

majestic143;8523754

Email him stating what has happened and ask for refund. If he says no … Email him stating what has happened and ask for refund. If he says no open a dispute and get money back that way.

+1

always the danger of buying electronics on ebay, is that they are selling due to a fault

Original Poster

majestic143;8523754

Email him stating what has happened and ask for refund. If he says no … Email him stating what has happened and ask for refund. If he says no open a dispute and get money back that way.

jubbyme;8523768

+1always the danger of buying electronics on ebay, is that they are … +1always the danger of buying electronics on ebay, is that they are selling due to a fault

Thanks for the replies Would i have to pay courier fees? (Sorry if its a daft question)

Banned

Hash112;8523790

Thanks for the replies Would i have to pay courier fees? (Sorry if its a … Thanks for the replies Would i have to pay courier fees? (Sorry if its a daft question)

yes

Yes you would have to pay to return item, however make sure it is trackable online for use with claim. Better to lose £10 for postage than £155

If all else fails you could threaten to send the HUKD spelling police round...

have you already left feedback on ebay?

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;8524239

have you already left feedback on ebay?

Yes:whistling:

Banned

Hash112;8524434

Yes:whistling:

So you've admitted to using it and it worked fine? Guess you're seriously out of luck now.

Did you test it before leaving feedback?

"Great seller ! Fast delivery"

Original Poster

lumoruk;8524452

So you've admitted to using it and it worked fine? Guess you're seriously … So you've admitted to using it and it worked fine? Guess you're seriously out of luck now.Did you test it before leaving feedback?"Great seller ! Fast delivery"

Yes it worked fine for 2 days then got YLOD so i persume he used the towel trick to keep it running for a few days

I dunno where you would stand if you have admitted that you have used it fine - as far as Paypal are concerned you have bought a 2nd hand electrical item and coincidentally it has broken down shortly after you have received it :thinking:

I would put in a claim though, explaining how well known this fault is and the tricks etc and see where it gets you - dunno what else to suggest tbh, but good luck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc36
      2. Boxes for moving house?33
      3. Kitchen tap replacement22
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34

See more discussions