Need Some Help Connecting An Old Laptop To A New TV

Found 23rd Aug 2017
My dad has an old laptop which does not have an HDMI and he wants to connect it to his TV which does have an HDMI and I am not sure how to go about it. The laptop has a 15 pin VGA would this amazon.co.uk/Ada…dmi do the trick, he wants to watch BT Sport thats on his laptop on his TV. He does have an Amazon Fire Stick could he use that in anyway, I have no idea how he would solve it he's talking about buying a new laptop just so he can connect his laptop to the TV. Thanks in advance for any help.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
You need something like this click.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 23rd Aug 2017
You can use the BT Sports app on the Fire stick. First he would need to install the Google Play Store onto the stick, then download and install the BT Sports app from there - then no need to use the Laptop.

There are plenty of videos/instructions on how to install Google Play - looks to be straight forward. Here is one link - addonhq.com/ins…ck/ - many others.
Edited by: "Van1973" 23rd Aug 2017
I'd consider changing the title to "Putting BT Sports App on a Fire Stick" and you may get someone who has done this commenting.
RiverDragon838 m ago

You need something like this click.

I hope the op doesn't take your advice, that's a convertor from doing the opposite to what he wants to do.
craigstephens17 m ago

I hope the op doesn't take your advice, that's a convertor from doing the …I hope the op doesn't take your advice, that's a convertor from doing the opposite to what he wants to do.

Yeah sorry, I read the question wrong (I'm very surprised you even know).
RiverDragon84 h, 16 m ago

Yeah sorry, I read the question wrong (I'm very surprised you even know).

Charming.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants