need some help or advice

im going bournemouth in march (i live in oldham - near manchester)
and im going by train,
which is the best and cheapest site to get train tickets for? going on friday till sunday. . . cheers

4 Comments

whatsThePoint

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/?

Nah, they charge a booking fee. Goto nationalrail.co.ukchoose your journey there.When you get to the option to buy choose summary and pick your local operator. I tend to use east coast but it doesn't matter as they are all the same price except for trainline.com .

On a side note if you split your journey up to intermediate stations you can sometimes get the fares at a much lower price, even though the journey is on exactly the same trains.
Edited by: "trog0" 20th Jan 2011

Banned

A long way to go for a weekend.

My friend's are going in May for a weekend also.

whatsThePoint

They've never charged me a booking fee, maybe your getting confused with … They've never charged me a booking fee, maybe your getting confused with a cc fee

No definately a booking fee
Linky

Only £1 but it's the principle as the other train companies don't charge and neither do they charge a £3.50 credit card fee either

Original Poster

oright cheers guys, going watching oldham vs bounremouth so gunna spend weekend down there
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763958
    2. Better watch out for these...912
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1930
    4. GOT Leaks again514

See more discussions