Need some help regarding Abercrombie & Fitch customer service and trading standards

Found 8th Mar 2012
Ok so i bought LOADS from Abercrombie in the past month in their clearance sale and have now hot a lot of hassle.

Basically, i was buying items, getting them shipped and when i got them half of the items had been 'backordered'. Checked on their website and it says back ordered items will not be charged for, then when they become available they will be shipped out to you at no extra cost and you will be charged for them at this point, fine by me.

So i emailed a&f as they had allready charged me for ALL items,
backordered and received and i had heard nothing for a few weeks.

Basically a&f new nothing about these back ordered items and asked me to scan copies of all my receipts i received in the packages. I get the impression they outsource their distribution warehouse or something, for some reason they dont seem to be able to get this information.

So i did this, i was missing 9 items and i had been charged for them all, since then they have sent me 2 of these back ordered items and charged me AGAIN!

so i have sent email after email, they have avoided the question about refunding me for the 2 items i have been double charged for and are not giving me a straight answer about the rest of the stuff. I cannot get a number which lets me speak to a person (only american numbers) I have asked countless times for a managers number to phone and have heard nothing.

Who do i contact about this? trading standards? the thing is they are an american company, but when i order items it comes from their warehouse in the netherlands.

Thanks for your help, sorry i know its a bit long!

9 Comments

Well they do only hire beautiful people so maybe that doesn't equate to brains

On a more serious not have you tried contacting one of their official UK stores to see what they can do?

Try Hollister in Buchanan Galleries - 0141 353 0571

Speak to your credit card company about doing a chargeback. There's not a lot you can do beyond that and pestering A&F.

I'm pretty sure Trading Standards won't get involved with an American company despatching from Holland.

Since you bought loads of items, it probably was more than £100 so if you paid by credit card, you can tell them you have not received some of the items and they can sort it out for you.

Try and find/work out the email address for the CEO and send them a good email.
I have done this in the past and always got a resolution to my problems pretty quickly.

Banned

Look at me I bought LOADS from Abercrombie.

As said trading standards won't care about a US company sending goods from Holland.

Slash

Since you bought loads of items, it probably was more than £100 so if you … Since you bought loads of items, it probably was more than £100 so if you paid by credit card, you can tell them you have not received some of the items and they can sort it out for you.

£100 per item.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions