Groups

need some help with pet insurance please.

hi all i could really do with getting my dog kally insured but everywhere i look seems to be very expensive and the vets recommend petplan but its £65 a month which is far too much for me to be paying out she is a newfoundland bitch and is 17 months old.thanks in advance.

11 Comments

asda usually have good pet insurance.

I have just insured my 7yr old cat through sainsburys and had £40 quidco and had something like 9months for 12, I am paying £9 a month, try there if I was you.

I use Tesco for our dog insurance,

with insurance i always look to check how much it would be to replace? so how much did the dog cost? how much would a replacement be? if a replacement would cost less than maybe 1 or 2 years premiums i would chance it.

ps. just try to not get emotional and treat it like other unsurance.

I`ve had pet insurance since I got my dogs. Trouble is every time I visit the vet the bill is under my £70 excess, so pay around £38 each time on top of my monthly insurance. The biggest bill I had was about £350 when my little dog had to have emergency op while having her pups. Pregnancy related treatment is not covered by the insurance. Now seriously thinking of stopping my insurance and saving the payments I would have made each month to cover vets expenses.

Original Poster

rosie2008;6363540

I`ve had pet insurance since I got my dogs. Trouble is every time I visit … I`ve had pet insurance since I got my dogs. Trouble is every time I visit the vet the bill is under my £70 excess, so pay around £38 each time on top of my monthly insurance. The biggest bill I had was about £350 when my little dog had to have emergency op while having her pups. Pregnancy related treatment is not covered by the insurance. Now seriously thinking of stopping my insurance and saving the payments I would have made each month to cover vets expenses.

yeah thats what i have been thinking thing is, is if i was to get the insurance that would completely cover everything it would be £65 a month which is alot over a year £780 per year the way i have been looking at it is if maybe one day she may need an operation that costs hundreds but i would probably of paid more into the insurance if you know what i mean knowing my luck it would probably be the same as you in pregancy etc of which like you say it doesnt cover anyway.

We have our 2 Shi Tzus registered with HSBC. They've been great, one of our dogs had to have about £10,000 of operations last year and they gave us the same price for renewal!

I have just insured my dog with Homebase pet insurance, on balance I thought you got a good level of cover for the premium of £15.59/month, £20 Quidco too

Tesco for me, and i would never not chance having insurance for them.

Lulu'sMammy;6365069

Tesco for me, and i would never not chance having insurance for them.

+1
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261377
      2. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.39
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2646
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767428

See more discussions