need some info pls re: mobile phone

Found 12th Mar
Hi people

Stupid question from someone who has no clue about mobile phones - if I don't have a sim card in my phone, can I still take photos, play my stored music etc or do I loose
everything ?

Please can any reply be in simple terms - nothing technical pls as my
brain won't take it after being on line for over an hour with my phone
provider and getting nowhere

many thanks for anyone who takes the time to help
Community Updates
AskMobilePhones
7 Comments
You can do everything except make phone calls or use mobile data you can use wifi
Yes, I use phones without Sims for sat nav, MP3 player and journey recorder.
Proper smart phones seem to run ok without it, just displaying a nagging icon in the notifications.

Older feature phones (not Android) often wouldn't let you get past the "No SIM" message, though they generally didn't have WiFi
Thanks a lot guys n gals

appreciate ur help
Not to sound rude, but would you not just take the sim out and try it before going to the effort of asking questions online?
master102 h, 58 m ago

Not to sound rude, but would you not just take the sim out and try it …Not to sound rude, but would you not just take the sim out and try it before going to the effort of asking questions online?

OP states they don't have a clue. If you look at the wording of the question and combine it with the context of the phrase "do I lose everything", the OP may be referring to a memory card, not a SIM card. (Cue repeat question with "sim" swapped out with "memory card" ).
No I did mean sim card - I just wasn't sure what was kept on the memory card or if anything was kept

on a sim card

I was just having a hissy fit because Talktalk didn't tell me my contract was up, raised the charges

then when I tried to sort it out online |I found out they were no longer doing new mobile contracts

and are sending everyone over to O2........

Thanks everyone for all your help - I have calmed down now and told Talktalk where to go .....

I can't tell you where I told them to go as I know the mods are strict now ....!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants