Need some PS3 HELP Please. I have a problem!!!

Recently got PS3, linked up to TV, no probs at all.

Played a game then went to play another one (all UK Pal) and no picture came on although could still hear the sound.

Turned off, then on, tried different games, same thing. Why is this???

Its connected with the supplied S-Video cable.

What do I need to do, any ideas.

6 Comments

With the ps3 in standby (red light on front) press and hold the power button for about ten seconds. This resets the image/sound settings. Also, check the max resolution on your tv. If your tv is 1080i and you have the settings to 1080p this might be causing a problem. Make sure the resolution settings are correct by setting them manually. One more thing, you might try another hdmi cable as a last resort. If problems persist, call sony.

Original Poster

Smeagol With the ps3 in standby (red light on front) press and hold the power button for about ten seconds. This resets the image/sound settings. Also, check the max resolution on your tv. If your tv is 1080i and you have the settings to 1080p this might

sorry not sure then

very strange, don't know whats up

good luck getting it sorted

maybe try different tv using hdmi and see what happens?

Hi, sorry for the late reply (was browsing for something else and noticed I coulde help)

Also, check the max resolution on your tv. If your tv is 1080i and you … Also, check the max resolution on your tv. If your tv is 1080i and you have the settings to 1080p this might be causing a problem.

^^^ This is probably your problem! When I first connected my PS3 via my HDMI cable I got sound but no picture, I was able to connect it to another TV and got both pic+sound. Went through the options and found the settings had been set to 1080p (my 22" in the bedroom is max 1080i)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1015
    2. Sad news about Barcelona2080
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846125
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam33

See more discussions